My new Jackson Stars RR-J2SP, "Goldilocks"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My new Jackson Stars RR-J2SP, "Goldilocks"

After about 4 or 5 months of waiting for my next Jackson it has finally arrived. Let's go over the specs, for those who don't know:

I named this guitar "Goldilocks" Get it? [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Body Wood: Alder
    Fretboard: Ebony
    Frets: 24 Extra Jumbo
    Inlays: Pearl Shakfins
    Pickup: EMG HZ
    Electronics: EMG PA-2
    Controls: Volume, EMG PA-2 On/Off switch
    Bridge: Schaller S-FRT-II
    Neck Joint: Neck-through
    Neck Material: Maple

Pre-review story:

So on the day I expected it to arrive, I was anxiously waiting for the last bell of school to ring the moment I set foot outside of my house that morning. I sit through all of my classes with only one thing in my mind: My new Jackson, and the sight of me arriving from a long, tormenting day at school and me walking into my room while a large rectangular cartboard box lies on my bed. The bell rings, I break out of my daydream and get in the car and wait for us to arrive home. Once we've arrived, I rush out of the car and I head to my room and I swing open the door...then on the bed I see......nothing....I look in my closet and under the bed to see if my parents had put the box somewhere else, my search resulted with nothing but an angry grunt. I immediately get on the computer and punch in the tracking code into the Japanese website, but before I could finish my dad walks in and says, "look what the mailman dropped off" I look over to him and then I see....a missed delivery slip....he said "he probably dropped it off while I went to go pick you up at school." Fustrated I argue with my dad, trying to convince him to take me to the post office to go pick up my guitar, he disagrees and he says that I will have to wait until tomorrow, disgusted I tell him that I and sure as fuck not waiting another day, so then he says, lets get in the car and look for the mailman, he might be around the area, with a thought of hope I agree with him. So we get in the car and scout the area for a mail delivery van, we drive down the steet into the next block, then around that block, so far it's not looking too good, then after we cross a street and begin another block I look to the side and I see the van, I yell to my dad to stop and go back then we drive up to the mail man in the van, I go up to him and show him the slip, and I say in a calm, yet suggestive voice "Do you have this package?" He looks at the slip for a couple of seconds and then says....."Yep, sure do, it's a big box though" Inside I can hear myself cheering at the comment the man had just spoken, he opens the back of the van and there it was, the box that has been in my mind for the past couple of months, the box which inside, held the very axe of my dreams. All the way home I had a big grin on my face, I get out of the car and take the box inside of my room, I open it and there it was...

I immediately pick it up and start playing it, I thought it was a dream, I felt as if though any second I would wake up and it would still be the day I first placed the order.

The neck is very slick and smooth, a bit thicker than on my dxmg but very fast none the less. The fretboard amazed me, it's very dark and very, very smooth, the inlays look very rich and pearly.

The neck joint felt as if though it was sanded down to fit my exact palm.

The bridge is very reliable, very easy to manage and sounds very wah-ish, very solid in terms of tuning and stability.

The tone...well as I already had EMGS in my DXMG and this guitar is the same body material I already knew what to expect in terms of the tone department, I got that EMG tone that I loved from my EMG-81 with only a very small, almost un-noticable less bite to it. This can easily be solved when I decide to install an active EMG-81, so I'm not really worried and in a rush to change out the pickup, the EMG PA-2, at first I was a bit confused to what this was, was it a volume booster? Not really, it's more of a gain "injection" I don't really use it much as I already have my tone configured to the pickup, so I don't need extra gain and what not, but it's very neat to play with anyway, one of these days I'll go back and tweak it a little.

Overall I think this guitar was a very good deal and I love it to death. I can't wait to go over to my friends house and jam out, it's going to be great. As a conclusion I leave you a family shot, and I'd like to personally thank QuantumRider for taking the time to take care of me and show me through the ordering process every step of the way. I'd also like to thank Ikebe-Gakki for supplying me with this axe and for having so many fucking GAS-Inducing works of art. Thank you for taking the time to read this review, if you have any questions, comments, complaints, or anything else on your mind please feel free to post, So as promised, a Jackson family shot:

[img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

Re: My new Jackson Stars RR-J2SP, \"Goldilocks\"

[img]/images/graemlins/eek.gif[/img] looks very classy.. congrats!!

just a question.. how's the accessibility of those upper frets?

Comment

Effortless, very very accesable, to me, I can reach the upper registers without even touching the body.

Comment

Looking nice, i'm not a big fan of gold hardware, but it fits on this axe very well.

4-5 months waiting time sure looks long though, is it custom or didn't they have it in stock or something?

Comment

Wow! That is a pretty one, looks a lot like the RR24 prototype.
          "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Since the first time I saw it it was early to mid October, I asked my parents if I could buy it and they said to wait until February because that's when they'll have cash. So once February was here I got an e-mail from Ikebe-Gakki saying they wont be in stock until late february, yet again I had to wait. To my suprise they(guitar shipment) came in earlier than expected and I was notified it would be in stock on the 17th, I payed them one day in advance and it took about a day for them to acknowledge the payment, they shipped it out on the 18th and it got here yesterday (22nd).

Comment

Truly a nice score! But it's not helping my impatience waiting for the Alexi Rhoads run to be completed. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
              "The BLUES is the tonic for what ails ya."

Comment

Nice looking guitar!!

Comment

Where's QuantumRider? He'd be thrilled to see this! [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
                  "The BLUES is the tonic for what ails ya."

Comment

That is fuckin Slick bro [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

So how much was it total including shipping????
                    Did you get a case????

Comment

It cost just under $1,400 shipping, commissions and bank charges included, no case, I had a case here waiting for it.

Comment

WOW!!! [img]/images/graemlins/drool2.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] I love that!

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                          disgusted I tell him that I and sure as fuck not waiting another day

[/ QUOTE ]

And on that note, you'd still be waiting [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/poke.gif[/img]
                          I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

That's a real nice guitar. Black & gold is always classy.

I've got to ask, though... $1,400, huh. Why not just buy a USA RR1? You could get one for about the same $$$. Not criticizing...just want to understand why you made the choice this way. [img]/images/graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]

Comment

it sometimes pays to live at home!

great score kid. [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]
                              ...that taste like tart, lemon yogart

Comment

Working...
                              X