What model might this Jackson be?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What model might this Jackson be?

Apologies for the blurry and overexposed pics. Anyway, this is at my local EZ Pawn for a "listed" price of $275. I can't tell what it is. All I know is the guitar was very light. I'll try to go back and get more pics tomorrow, but if someone has a clue as to what it might be, it would be appreciated. The SN is #9643588. That sticker is on the trem cover. Thanx.

Just a guitar player...

Re: What model might this Jackson be?

It seems to be a dk-2 [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
    Check my bands!
    www.myspace.com/magicktr
    www.myspace.com/sinif64
    www.myspace.com/dementiatr

Comment

DK-2 to me too.

Comment

Yup, DK2. Made in Japan Dinky, bound 24 fret. Body is alder. High quality and a good price, although that color and that "graphic" is pretty ghey [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

I'll guess it's from somewhere 1999-2001
        "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Thanx for the speedy replies! Considering the black marker job (oh, there's more on the back of the neck as well) the pawner did to the front, what would you guys think I could negotiate the price down to? Even though I'm still on the lookout for a black Jackson, I can live with purple.
          Just a guitar player...

Comment

"Where's the tremelo bar?"
            "You'll have to take something off for the vandalism" [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Offer 2 hundy and ask for a case

but even at 250 or so it's a good deal

Comment

Tell him 225.00 out the door,and because of the marker,,,,,but still a cool guitar

Comment

Well I bought today it for $200, no case though. The writing seems to be nail polish. I know acetone will remove that, but will the clear coat stand up to acetone? I used acetone a lot when I worked in screen printing, and that stuff was very aggressive in ruining most types of plastic. Anyone know what other solvent would work in getting the nail polish off and not ruin the clear coat?
                Just a guitar player...

Comment

Great deal, congrats, Randy!

Did you use my lines? [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

Comment

I wonder if nailpolish remover would do the job. Maybe something made for cars would work. Like Turtle Wax tar and bug remover. It does not harm car paint.

Comment

Nail polish remover should work. Me and my friend experimented on his Strat with it to see if it would take anything off, but it didn't.
                      If you're flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a fire exit. Unless you are a table.

Comment

Nice score on it! [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img] For two bones that's a good deal! [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

sweet score. and nice price...... i have a dk2 very good guitar

Comment

That's a GREAT score, the neck would go for $150+ on eBay alone...

Comment

Good score!!

Comment

Working...
                              X