Need help IDing my Jackson

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need help IDing my Jackson

It's a Dinky Reverse Professional. Maple fretboard, offset dot inlay, 2 humbuckers mounted to the body, Jackson branded lo-pro Floyd, 1 tone, 1 volume and a 3-way switch.

Picked it up cheap (used and slightly beat up, but it's solid and plays like a dream).

I'm just looking to put a model to my new guitar.

Re: Need help IDing my Jackson

It's called a "Dinky Reverse Pro". Does your's say Dinky Rev on the truss rod cover?
    Here's a ebay auction for reference... CLICK HERE!

Comment

So, it's just "Dinky Reverse Pro"?

Well I feel slightly dumb. Ah well, back to playing (it's in much better condition than my Charvel).

Thanks MountainDog.

You wouldn't happen to know what pickups might be in it? They're passive, and look like DiMarzios, but I could be wrong.

Comment

Well, technically its just Dinky Reverse, but most people add the Pro after it. They came out in the early '90's (I think '93/'94). I have the stone finish one and the dark metallic violet one, both with maple fingerboards (you could get these with rosewood too). A lot of people really like the neck shape on these.

Regarding pickups, do yours look like the ones in the ebay link I had? Those are jackson pickups. The bridge one with the 2 bars isn't very popular, most people complain about it being dark and muddy. On my violet one, I ended up lowering the bass side of the pickup a lot and it helped out.

By the way, welcome to the JCF! Try doing a search under 'Import Jackson Guitars' and type in Dinky Reverse under keyword and go thru the threads you'll see how the Dinky Reverse name changed to DR3 & DR5 etc as the years progressed.

Comment

Pictures will most certainly help on ID'ing the pickups. To know for sure you've gotta pull'em out and have a gander at the bottom.

Comment

cool guitar!!!

Comment

The necks on those are killer!
              My goal in life is to be the kind of asshole my wife thinks I am.

Comment

nice guitar, and some pics would be cool. might be able to help ya more. but either way its a jackson guitar cant go wrong.. i have never played a bad jackson guitar yet.. or one that could not be fixed up...

Comment

Yep, I love the neck on it, more than my Charvel (which is my second favourite of those I own).

From what I could see in the images on the ebay link, the "feet" of the pickups look more squared off than the ones I have. Mine are more triangular, much like the Dimarzio Super Distortion I have.

Pics will come when I can swipe my sisters camera. Now, all it needs is a good setup and everything will be rocking.

Thanks for the welcome.

Comment

Working...
                  X