Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• First Jackson soon...

Hey everyone,

I'm new to this forum and I joined because I wanted to look up information on Jacksons because I really wanted one. I tried a SL2 Soloist and it blew me away. I could afford it if I really wanted to but I'd be better off financially by getting something by getting something less expensive. I considered an SL3, but I'd rather go all out with a USA or go lower with $400-700 import. I need help deciding between a DK2 or a DKMG. I know that some changes were made from 2005 to 2006 for these guitars.

So please help me guys, what do you feel is a better guitar, a Dk2 or a DKMG?

Thanks so much it is greatly appreciated.

Re: First Jackson soon...

if you want EMG pickups - get the DKMG which also happens to have a carved top body. if you want seymour duncans, get the DK2.
    Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

What he said...but wait for the new 2006 versions to reach the stores. Other than pickups, the differences between the DK2 and DKMG are mostly cosmetic, not necessarily better or worse.

However, I must point out that if you don't mind spending a little bit on the side, you could probably save quite a bit of cash by getting a pre-2006 DK2 and upgrading the bridge pickup.
      sigpic

Comment

I have a DKMG and I love it. I had EMGs, 81 and 85, put in but I should have waited a few months for the 2006 version and skip that process. They also took out the turbocharger in the new version, it's something you try once and never again [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img] I've never tried the DK2 but in my opinion you can't go wrong with the DKMG. My guitar tech was really impressed with it too. Obviously, you'd have to try them both to decide which one is best for you.

Comment

Welcome U2. [img]/images/graemlins/band.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]
          I am a true ass set to this board.

Comment

I wonder what that little smiley face is saying...
            If you're flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a fire exit. Unless you are a table.

Comment

if you want a Jackson, get a 2005 DK2, OSG has a few in black. If you want, spend a few more bucks on a DK2 for 2006, it will come with real duncans, and updated hardware.

I think the DK2 is where it's at.

Comment

Thanks guys. I still have another month or so until I'm getting it. I really like the carved top of a DKMG, but I like the DK2 just being a straight up Jackson style. And then once I decide which model, then comes deciding which color!?!?!

Is there a DK2 that looks like this sort-of?

http://www.themusiczoo.com/JacksonUS...rstU16266.html

Does anyone have pictures of their DKMGs or DK2s? I went to old threads with pics but the pictures were usually expired.

Thanks again,
                -AL

Comment

I have the cobalt blue DKMG and I've also seen the black forest one. I like them both a lot. I don't think the pictures on a lot of these online guitar shops do them justice. Some of them look photoshopped to me. There's a color chart on the Jackson web site:

http://www.jacksonguitars.com/colorchart/

Don't get me wrong though,you can find a lot of good pics on these online guitar stores of close ups of the body, neck and head.

Comment

Working...
                  X