X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: EMG into the Rhoads

I do like the 81's or 85's on Gibsons, I tried them
    all Dimarzio's, Duncan's, I'm sticking with the EMG's
    on my SG or until I hear something that grinds betta..........

Comment

I will put the 85 in. I can switch it out for a 81 out of one of my other guitars just to hear the difference.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
        I will put the 85 in. I can switch it out for a 81 out of one of my other guitars just to hear the difference.

[/ QUOTE ]Good choice! 85 sounds warmer and rounder compared to the 81 in the bridge. Keep us posted.
        "The BLUES is the tonic for what ails ya."

Comment

I will for sure.

Comment

The 85 is in and it is killer. Sounds better than the Gibson V with a 85 in it.

Comment

I put two 89s into my RR1, and I think I like the result. Seem to like it better than the 81 in the bridge position in my other SL2. Well, have to say that the wood is different also, but the 89s seem to work well - rounded and warmer.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                The 85 is in and it is killer. Sounds better than the Gibson V with a 85 in it.

[/ QUOTE ]Very good choice!
                "The BLUES is the tonic for what ails ya."

Comment

oh, need to mention - I also put the EMGs afterburner and EMGs SPS mid control. Turned out to be a very versatile setup. You don't need these with high-gain amps, just some mid boost for some solo parts comes handy. For the lower gain amps, like JCM800 it works wonders, the whole setup comes to life. So check it out.

Comment

I just found out that my 90 Rhoads Pro has a 85 in it. I thought that it was a 81. The EMG logo is almost worn off and it looked like it was silver. The Bond with the 85 has alot more low end crunch compared to the pro. Bond+EMG85='s fuck'n killer Whooooo!!

Comment

Working...
                    X