Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is this original?(Soloist pro xl)

http://www.mercatinomusicale.com/ann...ist-xl-pro.htm
    Is this original or it was refinished(No MOP Logo,a little spider on the headstock)?
    It mounts steve special at bridge, classic '57 on middle, mini HB Virtual vintage Solo in the neck, preamp booster EMG AB2

Re: Is this original?(Soloist pro xl)

I've never seen any jackson with a little spider on the headstock, so It's safe to say that it isn't original. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Also look at the awful placement of the AB knob.

Comment

Sure that's a spider up there? The top end of the stuck looks like a dog chewed on it, from here...
      You took too much, man. Too much. Too much.

Comment

Sure it looks spider, but I think somebody has been bored and had a pen and that guitar and then.. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

i think the spider was done post factory and it is very nice, but the color?

Comment

Hard to tell on the color. Camera flash pictures always mess with how the colors come out. It could be anything from white, yellowish or even a light pink...

Comment

it is metallic white, not yellow or pink, my only reserve is the absence of the mop logo, it is just painted, do you know if these model were avaiable on white finish without mop logo?

Comment

There are 2 reasons I don't think it's legit.

1- the upper horn seems really small to me
                2- the sharkfins on the upper frets seem to be away from the edge of the fretboard, like they are on the dr-7's
                Check my bands!
                www.myspace.com/magicktr
                www.myspace.com/sinif64
                www.myspace.com/dementiatr

Comment

It's real somebody just wrote some crap on the headstock. The white XL Soloists had matching white headstocks with black painted logos

Comment

Is it just me, or is that a JT580LP trem? It doesn't look like it matches the route. What trem came on these originally? JT-590?

Comment

Many Soloists have the silkscreened logo versus the MOP logo, so that's not a big deal. I don't see anything on this one to suggest it is anything other than legit.
                      Sleep!!, That's where I'm a viking!!

http://www.myspace.com/grindhouseadtheband

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                        Is it just me, or is that a JT580LP trem? It doesn't look like it matches the route. What trem came on these originally? JT-590?

[/ QUOTE ]
                        It sort of looks like a JT-580LP but seems a little weird. [img]/images/graemlins/what.gif[/img]
                        I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

No, it's not a JT580. It's some sort of evil thing that has Strat-style saddles [img]/images/graemlins/eek.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/sick.gif[/img]
                          I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

No, 580s
                            "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

The Soloist XL originally came with the JT-590 (Schaller) trem, I believe. The Soloist Std. was the import version that came with the 580, unless they switched trems on the XL later on in its run ('92-95).

Comment

Working...
                              X