Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

where is your Rhoads front strap button??????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• where is your Rhoads front strap button??????

have you moved your Rhoads front strap button for balance and how and where ?????the balance isnt to bad on mine(doest go to the floor) but dips a bit,,,,,I would like it to sit a little higher than level...thanks everyone [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

Re: where is your Rhoads front strap button??????

Try a heavy leather strap before drilling holes in your rhoads.
    You took too much, man. Too much. Too much.

Comment

and i thought it was only bc rich who didn't take precautions regarding neck dive. it's a shame really, because i'd like to have a rx10d in amber burst to complement my trans-black wrmg. i might end up forcing myself to go for a strat shaped jackson next time. the hardcase scenario is also a big influence.
      Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

I would like to know the same thing as it also pertains to my KVX10. If I move it to the top neck plate screw position, can I use the same screw, or do I need a slightly longer one?
        THIS SPACE FOR RENT

Comment

so long as the screw is shorter than the thickness of the body at the neckplate area, i'd assume you'd minus a couple mil off that to be sure you don't impale the neck.
          Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

thats what I was thinking,,,,but i didnt know if it who hold the extra presure,,i let that srew loose an my guitar stayed in tune,,stil not sure but that definentely what I was thinking of trying

Comment

i think they ment use the top neck screw thats already there....

Comment

Like this

Do I need a different screw? Sorry for borrowing your pic Shawn. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
                THIS SPACE FOR RENT

Comment

if the above works, that's good. but i was thinking of drilling a small hole between the front two neck screws because i wouldn't want to risk the neck falling out of alignment as a result of taking out the neck screw to put the strap button in place.
                  Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

Comment

Thats the one!!!does it work like that with out any problems !! Thats what I was thinking of trying,,,,I dont just want to mess up the neck>>>>> thanks for the pic let me know !! [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

Comment

I just used the old neck screw it works fine

Comment

This is how I did mine...works perfect. Using one of the strap button spots still made it hang "wierd"...

Comment

Newc did a mod to his KV, putting the strap button on the edge of the neck pocket.

Comment

Working...
                          X