7 string COW questions... neck profile, neck joint

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 7 string COW questions... neck profile, neck joint

A buddy of mine wants one and his account is taking ages to confirm, and well I'm bored [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] So there ya go... He's wondering about the 7 string COW.

What's the neck profile like on them? Round, flat, thick, thin...? So far I gathered that they're thinner than Schecter's, but a bit thicker than Jackson's. That'd place it into Charvel model series dimensions I'd say no?
    Also, he's feeling wary about the neck joint. Is it a good system?
    Ok... I think that's. Thanks. Ah and he can't try any, he's from Holland and they don't have any over there in Amsterdam. He'd have to order one so he wouldn't be able to try one out first.

Re: 7 string COW questions... neck profile, neck j

Well I'd say your description is about right.
    I played a COW DK7 at my local store (actually I had ordered a DK6 there but they ordered the wrong guitar).
    The neck does have some meat to it.
    I haven't played any model series charvels though and it's been a few years since I got a 7-string Schecter in my hands, so I can't draw any comparisons there.
    But it's very comfy, I almost would have bought the 7-string version because it felt so nice.

I didn't have any problems with the neck heel, but I'm used to that system anyhow.
    http://www.myspace.com/officialuncreation

Comment

Its wide as hell....
      I know that much
      its pretty comfortable all things considering
      Piney Hills New Site <------Clicky Clicky

CALL THE SHOP @ 318.232.3002

instock inventory

Comment

it would be nice if they made one with a floyd. is this the only 7-string jackson import still in production?
        Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

Well since I have owned a couple of model series guitars and I currently own a DK6 I could venture a safe guess that they are not as thick as a model series. They are in fact, thinner...BUT that's on my 6-string. The 7's are probably identical only with the exception of the necessary extra width.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
            it would be nice if they made one with a floyd. is this the only 7-string jackson import still in production?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, that's the only one Jackson makes right now. Wish they had a USA Select 7-string--I'd buy it in a heartbeat. There's probably not enough demand for sevens to warrant Jackson doing that, though. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
            X