Hey Blind Vomit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hey Blind Vomit

I went to Ochanomizu in Tokyo yesterday, and played a bunch of Jackson Stars Randy Rhoads models. Although none of the stores there had the particular model that you were interested in, all of the guitars were very well built, as far as I could tell.

The binding on the frets were clean, as were the fret edges. All of the guitars had pretty low action, with no discernable fret buzz.

One thing that I noticed was that the current models had necks that were a little thicker than older (2004) models that they had on display.

Hope this helps,
    QR
    Until you get weaned off the boobie, you are going to have to do what the wife wants too. -Rsmacker

Re: Hey Blind Vomit

Hey thanks man I really appreaciate it, It's only about a week until I can order mine, I can't wait. Do you happen to know what models they were? Thanks again man, I hope you had fun. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

I played the RR-01 (w/Floyd), the RR-02 (w/Schaller), and a couple of older models (one of them was an RR-138). They were all neck-through's. Didn't bother with the bolt-ons.

Like I said before, the RR-01 and the RR-02's necks were just a tad thicker than the older models. But still very comfortable to play.
      Until you get weaned off the boobie, you are going to have to do what the wife wants too. -Rsmacker

Comment

You guys ever heard of the PM feature of this board? [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Comment

This is pretty much of interest to anyone thinking of buying a Stars model. Though the topic heading was a misstep..

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
            I played the RR-01 (w/Floyd), the RR-02 (w/Schaller), and a couple of older models (one of them was an RR-138). They were all neck-through's. Didn't bother with the bolt-ons.

Like I said before, the RR-01 and the RR-02's necks were just a tad thicker than the older models. But still very comfortable to play.

[/ QUOTE ]

Nice, how many frets did they have and how was the upper fret access?

Comment

I don't know if it's just mine, but one thing I have to say that I don't really like about my Jackson Stars is the frets. They just don't feel right. They seem really big considering they're suppossed to be Jumbo just like my other guitars.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                This is pretty much of interest to anyone thinking of buying a Stars model. Though the topic heading was a misstep..

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, sorry about the thread title. I figured out the PM function and sent an apology to Sunbane already.

Blind Vomit-

All of the guitars were 24 frets. The upper fret access was super easy. On my bolt on guitars, I have to bring my thumb down toward the bottom of the fingerboard (the side that the rest of my fingers protrude from) to play the upper frets, but this was not the case for these guitars.

Orchid-

In the Ask Jackson forum, the Jackson Marketing Guy said that the fret wire for the USA Jacksons are also made in Japan, so there shouldn't be a difference...?

Hope this helps,
                QR

Comment

Helpful info in this thread
                  "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                    Orchid- In the Ask Jackson forum, the Jackson Marketing Guy said that the fret wire for the USA Jacksons are also made in Japan, so there shouldn't be a difference...?

Hope this helps,
                    QR

[/ QUOTE ]
                    I mean I would think so, but it definately feels different. I've tried my friend's professional, my XT Warrior, my friend's RR1, all those have Jumbo, but this just feels really different. I can't exactly explain it, but it seems really smooth, instead of normally it has a kinda grittier feel to it.....I don't know I can't quite explain it. I also has that more "dull" feel to it.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                      Helpful info in this thread

[/ QUOTE ]

+1

My dad is still being skeptical about ordering thru ikebe-gakki but not alot now since I showed him what you guys said. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Can't wait to get it in I'm so unbelievably anxious. [img]/images/graemlins/baby.gif[/img]

QuantumRider:

Thanks for the info, but all I can do now is sit and wait.

[img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
                      X