Kevin Bond Rhoads, modded, PICS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kevin Bond Rhoads, modded, PICS

Like the guitar, except that it's so light, but it's ok...
    Had to spoil it up with a change of bridge (roller Schaller), change of tuning keys (Schaller locking), change of pickup (SD Sh-13) & add a pickup selector to act as an on/off switch... Here goes :

Artsy pic [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]:

Tuning pegs:

PG:

PG once more:

bridge:

bridge & PU:

PU:

Rock on [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

Thanks to Scott for delivering the axe (almost 3/4 months now, long overdue thank you man...) & thanks to Dave/Budman for the black anodized PG...

Re: Kevin Bond Rhoads, modded, PICS

Great pics, and some very nice additions you made.
    Now play that beast! [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]
    http://www.myspace.com/officialuncreation

Comment

before and after review??? give up the dirt.
      Hear the universe scream
      Bleeding from black holes
      Whom horns careless
      And whom God mourns

Comment

Do you wanna sell the stock pickup??? Id rather buy a used one than order one directly from Duncan! PM me! [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
        Imagine, being able to be magically whisked away to... Delaware. Hi... Im in... Delaware...

Comment

Cool. [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img] That's different... a guy adding a pickguard to a guitar that didn't have one. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
          I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Hmm, a roller bridge...are you planning on installing a Bigsby next? [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

j/k, looks great! [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]
            -Janne

Comment

Yeah, why would you ADD a pickguard?
              Sleep!!, That's where I'm a viking!!

http://www.myspace.com/grindhouseadtheband

Comment

[img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                  Yeah, why would you ADD a pickguard?

[/ QUOTE ]

to be more "Rhoads" like? [img]/images/graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img] looks cool anyway [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Those are sexy, unless I find a deal on an RR1, or RR5, I'll probably get one of these.
                  Hear the universe scream
                  Bleeding from black holes
                  Whom horns careless
                  And whom God mourns

Comment

Concerning the PG, I know it's unusual, but I like the classy look of a black aluminium PG on a black finish [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]...
                    As for before/after, the pickup change made for a more useable sound in the thrashy department: I found the Iommi to be quite good in lead tones, but not my thing as far as thrashy PMed rhythms go. The roller bridge gave me a better feel and more space to rest my hands when PMing, a feel closer to an OFR's.
                    And well, the pickup switch is really useful to cut the volume nice and clean [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

\m/

Comment

Was the Iommi pickup with a Duncan Designed logo or Seymour Duncan logo. There was a thread on the Seymour Duncan forum about how the Duncan Desinged version isn't really based on the Iommi pickup other than the cosmetic feature of it using rails and that it is actually supposed to sound like a Duncan Distortion. Not sure how true this is, but never confirmed from brass at SD.

Also where did you find a black Schaller roller bridge as well as the black fine tuning tailpiece? Every place I see online only carries them in Chrome and I would love an all black bridge / tailpiece on my black SG.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                        Also where did you find a black Schaller roller bridge as well as the black fine tuning tailpiece? Every place I see online only carries them in Chrome and I would love an all black bridge / tailpiece on my black SG.

[/ QUOTE ]
                        Not sure about the roller bridge, but the Bond model already comes with the black fine-tuning tailpiece. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
                        I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Schaller roller bridge > eBay [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
                          Pick-up, if i'm not mistaken, SD logo-ed...

Comment

I know that the fine-tuning tailpiece is standard on the KB, but does anyone know if it is a direct replacement for a standard tailpiece? Along the same lines, is the roller bridge a direct replacement for a TOM? My main complaint about TOM bridges is that the saddles scrape the hell out of my right hand when I palm mute, but the rollers would probably work just fine.

This could change my life...well, maybe a little.
                            sigpic

Comment

I had to adjust the posts of the TOM to fit in the roller, but now, I can switch from TOM to roller and roller to TOM... If it helps [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] And, yeah, that's also a reason why I had it changed.

Comment

Working...
                              X