Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What type of case comes with the limited run Jackson?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What type of case comes with the limited run Jackson?

Are the Jackson cases Kevin@Easton uses for the Limited run Jackson the SKB type with the Charvel/Jackson logo silkscreened on? I asked Kevin@Easton and I was expecting something similar to my Jackson Kelly case (similar to the one shown below only bigger) which is the molded plastic, but he said this case was much nicer for $70. Any thoughts as I just assumed it was a nicer hardwood rectangular case.

I didn't know they had different types of cases but I am guessing it is probably the one that is in the classified section now by YABBA shown below.

I just don't think those cases are actually that much different than SKB's and I have many spares that I can use for the Jackson providing it fits. I just don't want to have to spend an extra $70 if I don't have to. Any thoughts?

Re: What type of case comes with the limited run Jackson?

The limited run of special DK2 with Kevin do NOT include cases in the quoted price. As you mention, Kevin has a case that can be obtained for extra $. You do not have to get the case if you don't want.

I personnally am planning to get the case just to protect it during shipping. After waiting this long for a special cool one-time-run guitar, the last thing I want is it broken in shipment. (You could ship a case to Kevin that he can use to ship you the guitar back in though).

Comment

Mountain I know the cases are $70 extra thats what I mentioned in the above post. I just didn't want to spend $70 on a case when I have an extra one and if the factory sealed box it came in was damaged I'd get a refund as thats what insurance is for. Thats just a given here.

And I still didn't know if the case shown is likely the one Kevin will be sending for $70 extra...

Comment

bump

Comment

I beleive if you buy one form Kevin, it will be the same as come with the USA Soloists, like the one you show above, but with Jackson stamped into the plastic. Jack.

Comment

Thanks Slayer, I think I will pass on the case then and save $70. I asked Kevin if if was the SKB type and he said no that its a better case then what I described to him as my Jackson Kelly case with the silkscreened logo. He must have just understood me then.

Comment

I do know SKB does make the Jackson stamped logo cases for Jackson, so i don`t know what case Kevin plans on useing-hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm....... Jack.

Comment

Working...
              X