ALERT!!!! SLSMG on sale cheap at GC today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ALERT!!!! SLSMG on sale cheap at GC today

Just wanted to put the word out that the Seven Corners (Virginia) Guitar Center has a new SLSMG priced to move at $489!!! I believe this price is only good through today, so hurry if you want it.

I almost bought it myself, but I just really don't need another six-string guitar at the moment. But I played this one at the store, and it is a really really nice guitar. Someone grab it.

Re: ALERT!!!! SLSMG on sale cheap at GC today

I stopped by Guitar Center in San Francisco yesterday and they had 3 SLSMG's in stock with one listed at $489 as well. All 3 looked new although only one was onsale and 2 were priced at $909.

Comment

Hey what finish did either of these have?
      According To The Prophecy

Comment

[img]/images/graemlins/eek.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/eek.gif[/img]

Comment

All 3 SLSMG's at the Guitar Center in San Francisco were Satin Black, like the one pictured here.

Comment

Our douche bag GC has a black SLSMG for $909. Strangely enough, the same GC had a Y2KV for $800!! My Buddy snatched it up right quick.

Comment

$900 is the normal GC price for the SLSMG--this was just a one-day blowout sale at my local GC. I suspect they were blowing out the SLSMG because it had been sitting there for awhile. I think it's still available, although not at that low price anymore.

Comment

Tellyc you have a PM.

Comment

The guitar center nearby me (Lynnwood, WA) has a black satin SLSMG for $464 + tax last time I was there. Its their "Summer of Savings" Event. Its their floor model that has been in the store for a while. And it is surprisingly in good condition. I'd trade the pickups out of it though since EMG-HZs are very "blah"

Comment

Drake S. - I didn't get your PM. Can you resend and/or email me at [email protected].

Comment

Hey Tellc Thanks for the heads up, on the SLSMG my local GC started blowing these out also, so I put 1 on hold for 489.99. Thanks for the offer to help me at in SF. [img]/images/graemlins/notworthy.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                        Our douche bag GC has a black SLSMG for $909. Strangely enough, the same GC had a Y2KV for $800!! My Buddy snatched it up right quick.

[/ QUOTE ]
                        Y2KV for $800!!!??
                        That is a hot deal! [img]/images/graemlins/eek.gif[/img]

SLSMG, I had one and didn't like much.
                        [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

Comment

I will be buying one soon. MF had it recently for $799. It's back up to $899 now though (same as what GC has it for here) They only had one and apparently can't keep them in stock. I love that axe, don't care for satin black though, I'm gonna get gloss black.
                          Check my Jackson themed Myspace page, hear some good metal, and check out a little shred fest by me.

http://www.myspace.com/joblo1978

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                            [ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
                            Y2KV for $800!!!??
                            That is a hot deal! [img]/images/graemlins/eek.gif[/img]

SLSMG, I had one and didn't like much.
                            [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Guitar center sometimes has the craziest deals. The used guiutar pricing is usually up to the manager and if they mess up then you get a guitar for cheap. Think of it this way... Someone probably traded in their Y2KV and got $500 for it! Ouch!

Also I'm not a fan of the SLSMG's either. The neck feels really heavy in comparison to the body, plus the flat finish will show marks really easily. But they are quite fast.

Comment

Working...
                            X