Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Any thoughts on Jackson Stealth Professional?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any thoughts on Jackson Stealth Professional?

Hi folks,

I had a chance to play a second hand Stealth Jackson made in 1990 probably,
    the guy who owns it told me he bought it that year
    its serial number starts with the numbers 92 and that's all I can remember [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

I remember that it's a 6 digit number,
    I know it's japanese based on the Professional written on the Headstock.

It's a S/S/H configured with Reflex active pickups and electronics, Volume Knob and Tone which has some kind of stopper in the middle of it, turning it further more boosts the Treble,
    I had a Jackson with Reflex pickups which also had a Mid boost I never liked.

It's got that thin body and very thin and weird shape neck, maple neck and Ebony fretboard,
    22 frets, it has the Schaller tremolo like my Charvel 375DLX.

It sounded weird, I think I heard more of the Pickup sound than the guitar sound and playing it unplugged just listening to it's response, it sounded as if there isn't much wood in it.

I played it using an old Italian 60 Watts tube amp with a very weird upright 2X12 cabinet.

I also brought my guitar for referrence.
    We then played through a Vox Tonelab to the amp.

I personally didn't like it that much... it was hard to tell with the Reflex pickups, I never liked them.

What's your experience with this guitar?

Cheers!

Re: Any thoughts on Jackson Stealth Professional?

I think Venomboy has it (well, he had it). The guitar looks killer to me. He has/had triple humbucker combination and when I heard the sample I was blown away.

Well, the amp and pickups were good, but guitar seemed very solid to me, too.

Comment

92 means it is a 92 first year for the stealth.I had a triple hum with a tunomatic bridge.It was an astounding guitar lots of big fat tone.
      Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

I tested out a black one fairly recently and it was a killer guitar!

Comment

I saw that one on eBay--almost grabbed it myself. If it had two more frets, you'd have had some competition... Whatever the case, nice score on that one. [img]graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

Comment

The first Stealth Pro did infact have the ebony board and MOP dot inlay with Jackson logo inlay on the headstock. Reflex pickups were stock and considered an upgrade at the time. Your best bet is one of the early ones, by 1993 the second wave of Pro models came out which were not as nice as the originals since they had rosewood boards, different pickups, different body woods, and no mother of pearl.
            "Got a crazy feeling I don't understand,
            Gotta get away from here.
            Feelin' like I shoulda kept my feet on the ground
            Waitin' for the sun to appear..."

Comment

I just picked one up for $300, awesome guitar. The Stealth Pro (which is the first version I think with no model number etched in the truss rod cover) had the ebony fingerboard as you mention. I don't think the reflex pickups are stock, original owner probably put those in. Stock pickups sound great. I personally love the thin neck/ebony fingerboard. There were other Stealth models (the EX,HX,XL etc) that had rosewood fingerboards. How much are they asking?
              Here's mine:

Comment

I have a Stealth Pro form 92 in trans burgandy. I bought mine new in 92 and the Reflex pups are stock. They should be the classic version. (silver logo) There is a red one too and those are ultra hot. I like the Reflex better then EMGs. It should be a poplar body during that year. And the Schaller trem I actually like better then an OFR. Ebony board and abalone (MOP) offset dots were stock.My Stealth was my first Jackson and it gave me the bug. Its what I compare all other guitar purchases from that point on too.
                Great guitars and i wouldnt mind having another one. Especailly since i just sold my Stealth EX granite finish.
                [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
                Gil

Comment

Working...
                X