Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why do you cut the bridge ground wire with EMGs?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why do you cut the bridge ground wire with EMGs?

Well, I just got my guitar back from my tech (who's an idiot and wired my tone pot backwards, but thats all fixed now).

I was reading EMGs instructions off their website and it says DO NOT reconnect the bridge ground wire. I took a few pictures and was just wondering if this was in fact the bridge ground wire thats STILL INSTALLED on my guitar.

If anyone could just take a quick look at these pictures and tell me if this wire should still be attached, it would be helpful.

I can take other pictures if necessary.

Just to note: In the first picture, is that wire attached to the trem claw in fact the bridge ground wire? Because if it it, its definately attached to one of the volume pots.

Thanks,
    Meaty

Re: Why do you cut the bridge ground wire with EMGs?

The bridge ground wire is usually connected to that pin which is screwed on the body.

EMG techs say that you don't need your bridge ground to be connected. I had mine connected and it didn't affect the sound, but I have removed it anyway.

About your technician: it's better if you buy soldering iron (they go for about 30 USD I think - 25-40 is enough for your job), play a bit with it or visit one of your friends on the "crime scene" and just follow him and remember what he/she did.
    It is simple, but you have to achive some technique of not dropping too much of zinc on it and to finish the job in as less step as possible. And of course, non-shaky hand is important.

Comment

Working...
    X