Kelly Professionals

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kelly Professionals

Hi all. There is a local guitar store that has 2 kelly professionals on their used rack. The first one has jackson pickups and appears to be neck-through and older than the second. The second appears to be a more recent guitar and has a neck plate. Did they make them in both neck-through and bolt-on? I personally dont know anything about them, but I thought that if anyone had interest I could check them out for a fellow JCF'er. They are both black. I live in Topeka, KS.

Re: Kelly Professionals

Yes they made both. The neck thru being a Kelly Pro and the bolt-on being a Kelly Standard. I have 2 Kelly Pro's and they smoke.

Comment

Holy smokes another Kansas native, you are about the second one now. [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] I'm in Wichita.

There are late 90's Kellys that say 'professional' on the headstock, like the ps6t. They are decent guitars but not worth a whole lot.

Shoot me some info on that neck thru though, I'm curious. PM or email is fine.

Comment

There were also Professional models called the Kelly XL and XLR, made around '95 or '96, bolt-on neck with no neck plate, the serial number was on a sticker on the back of the headstock. The XL had a regular neck with regular MOP sharkfins, rosewood board with creme binding on neck/headstock, import JT580LP trem with import bridge JH2 pickup and USA J50N neck pup, only a volume control. The XLR was the same except for reverse headstock and reverse sharkfins. I miss my black XLR. [img]images/icons/frown.gif[/img] I believe RacerX still has his black XL.
        I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Originally posted by Zero Signal:
          There are late 90's Kellys that say 'professional' on the headstock, like the ps6t.
          <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Slight correction here. PS6Ts are Performer series.
          "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Originally posted by toejam:
            I believe RacerX still has his black XL.
            <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Alas, I just recently sold her...to Shon from Severed Savior. Look for her on tour! [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

If you can't wait:

...or check this thread:

http://www.jcfonline.com/cgi-bin/ult...c;f=3;t=000660

Comment

Hey Ron, That's a great axe. I hope you got a good price.

Now you can go out an get yourself a GMG DXMG.

You know ya wanna, then you too can start your very own DXMG thread. [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]

Comment

It's funny you mention that, as I am buying a black DXMG next week! [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

Originally posted by RacerX:
                  </font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by Zero Signal:
                  There are late 90's Kellys that say 'professional' on the headstock, like the ps6t.
                  <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Slight correction here. PS6Ts are Performer series. </font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Yes you are right, I don't know what I was thinking. Some "p" word I guess.

Comment

Originally posted by RacerX:
                    </font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by toejam:
                    I believe RacerX still has his black XL.
                    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Alas, I just recently sold her...to Shon from Severed Savior. Look for her on tour! [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

If you can't wait:

...or check this thread:

http://www.jcfonline.com/cgi-bin/ult...c;f=3;t=000660
                    </font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Ah. [img]images/icons/cool.gif[/img]
                    I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Working...
                    X