3. Clean and oil the bridge
    4. Set the intonation and action

[img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
    Member - National Sarcasm Society

"Oh, sure. Like we need your support."

Re: Got my Fusion! (pics)

Originally posted by PowerTube:

I'll post news pics after I:
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Ron, are you okay? It's been 7.34 minutes since I posted this!
    [img]images/icons/shocked.gif[/img]

Comment

Nice guitar. Does the finish look more like the 1st pic or the 3rd? The color looks cool in the first pic. [img]images/icons/cool.gif[/img]

Comment

Originally posted by ShredFred:
        Nice guitar. Does the finish look more like the 1st pic or the 3rd? The color looks cool in the first pic. [img]images/icons/cool.gif[/img]
        <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">It's more like the first pic, which was taken with a flash. It's sort of a deep purple (no pun intended) finish.
        [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

You should have said " Its been 7.34 minutes since I posted this!" You would have gotten a quicker response. Congrats on the Fusion, I can't wait to see how she looks all cleaned up!

Comment

man, I feel dirty after looking at those pics. Looking forward to seeing her after she's had a bath.

Congrats, BTW. [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/toast.gif[/img]
            Hail yesterday

Comment

Originally posted by VitaminG:
              man, I feel dirty after looking at those pics. Looking forward to seeing her after she's had a bath.

Congrats, BTW. [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/toast.gif[/img]
              <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Same here! She's good to go now, though. Today, I did the following:

1. Cleaned it overall
              2. Cleaned and lemon oiled the board
              3. Polished the frets
              4. Changed the battery
              5. Set the action and intonation
              6. Soaked the bridge screws in Rust Eater
              7. Changed the strings

In no particular order, of course. My digital camera kinda sucks, but here's an "after" pic:

Comment

good job, if it looked like that in the pawnshop it would of sold for more $$$$$. [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

Comment

Originally posted by 1959burst:
                  good job, if it looked like that in the pawnshop it would of sold for more $$$$$. [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]
                  <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Yep. I think the pawnshops around here must have a "grungemaster" who goes around and breaks strings, knocks dents, and accelerates the rusting process.
                  [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

That before and after is incredible...just a little TLC makes a Jackson guitar happy. And on another note...I hate you guys with all of your sweet pawnshop finds. Here in Kokomo the pawnshops never seem to have anything decent...always low-end stuff at guitar shop prices. Like the pretty cool looking sage green Squier strat in great shape with the $150 price tag...guys looking for a steal just don't have a chance here...

Comment

Originally posted by Koz:
                      That before and after is incredible...just a little TLC makes a Jackson guitar happy. And on another note...I hate you guys with all of your sweet pawnshop finds. Here in Kokomo the pawnshops never seem to have anything decent...always low-end stuff at guitar shop prices. Like the pretty cool looking sage green Squier strat in great shape with the $150 price tag...guys looking for a steal just don't have a chance here...
                      <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">The pawnshops around here seem very inconsistent. I bought a nice Model 2 for $100.00 out the door 1 1/2 years ago, but that's not the norm. This Fusion was $239.00, which seems reasonable with the EMG's.

There was another local pawnshop with a batch of the Danelectro mini pedals at $40.00 apiece. I pointed out to the guy that GC was selling them NEW for $29-39.00, but he didn't seem to care.

Comment

Point to remember: Don't tell a pawn dealer anything. He will figure out he is too high on his prices when nothing sells.Then you come in make a low offer and walk out with a better deal.Now this takes a little time but well worth saving a few dollars.Case in point 84 kramer nightswan flip flop blue 90% guitar $599.00+tax Sits in corner of store for quite a while very dirty no case and only 3 strings.Sits there for about 8 months I pass each time I go in.Buy a few other guitars and pedals over a 6-7 month period of time,go in one day and the owner begs me to buy that junky kramer.I offer $250.00 and walk out with a very cherry (when cleaned up)all original nightswan. [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
                        Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

Sweet.

Comment

wow, that cleaned up purty! How much to ship it to Oz? [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/images/icons/wink.gif[/img]
                            Hail yesterday

Comment

Originally posted by VitaminG:
                              wow, that cleaned up purty! How much to ship it to Oz? [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/images/icons/wink.gif[/img]
                              <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Probably more than I paid for it!

Comment

Working...
                              X