Memorial Day Scores!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Memorial Day Scores!

I was planning on selling some gear this weekend, but instead I somehow ended up buying more! I got two unbelievable deals....

1) Near mint Rhoads Concept JRR-94. Just missing one dome knob! - $100!

2) Marshall JCM2000 DSL201. $350 with upgraded V30 speaker, footswitch and cover! I've been looking for one of these for a while at the right price.

The guitar gods smiled on me today for some reason.

Pics can be found at my gear gallery that I am building, which is very incomplete, but has pictures of the Rhoads and the amp. I hope to have the rest of my stuff up this week.

Jeff's Gear Gallery

Re: Memorial Day Scores!

Nice red Xs! [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Try this:

"Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

"Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

nice scores.. rock on brotha

cheers

Comment

Great scores, indeed! [img]graemlins/toast.gif[/img]
          I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Originally posted by RacerX:
            Nice red Xs! [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
            <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I said the guitar gods smiled on me. The computer gods laughed... [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Thanks, Racer.

Comment

So who knows which pickups the JRR-94 shipped with? I like their tone, and they don't sound quite like any other Jackson pickups I have.

Comment

I'm guessing the difference in tone could be attributed to the bodywood. Unless I'm totally mistaken, the concept models were built with basswood bodies.

If the pickups are anything like the stock pups in the Rhoads EX and RR-X, you'll be looking for new ones as soon as you tried playing palm muted riffs on the low E. Mud city. [img]images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]

Comment

Great score on both. Enjoy!

Comment

Awesome scores! I never knew there was an RR concept and being a 94 concept owner myself, and an RR fan, I am very jealous. keep me in mind if you ever want to sell it bro! [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

Cool scores! Enjoy them. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
                      Takeoffs are optional but landings are mandatory.

Comment

Originally posted by Sunbane:
                        I'm guessing the difference in tone could be attributed to the bodywood. Unless I'm totally mistaken, the concept models were built with basswood bodies.

If the pickups are anything like the stock pups in the Rhoads EX and RR-X, you'll be looking for new ones as soon as you tried playing palm muted riffs on the low E. Mud city. [img]images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]
                        <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">You could be right about the basswood. When I first picked up this guitar I almost tossed it through the ceiling its so damned light. I thought it was made of balsa wood. As far as being muddy, haven't seen that yet with anything I've played.

I know nothing about the Concept models, so if anyone can positively identify the body wood types and the pickups I'd appreciate it.

Comment

Working...
                        X