RX10D og RR3?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RX10D og RR3?

Which one should I pick? And what are the differences between the two? Please, I need some advice from you experienced guitar-people! Thank you... [img]graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

Re: RX10D og RR3?

We'll there are minor cosmetic differences, no pickguard on the RX10D, one volume knob as opposed to the RR-3's V-V-T and Toggle control's.

Also the RR-3 feels nicer, and sounds nicer, and in the uk it can be found for the same price solid colours, for about £339 GBP.

Cheers, Owain

Comment

The sound is a moot point IMO, since both have POS pickups and the same basic construction. For cosmetic appeal I'd pick the RX10D. For comfort I'd pick the RR3 (has the jack in the upper wing).

Comment

Ohh yeah forgot to add the upper wing jack part, but i'd pick a pro or mg series over an x if they were the same price.

Cheers, Owain

Comment

What was said above, plus the RR3 has the JT580 trem (better trem). The RX10D has the JT500 trem. Aside from that, the RR3 is made in Japan, the RX10D is made in India.
          KV DM PRO, SLSXMG, RRXMG, DXMG, LP P90 Goldtop_GSP1101_RM4: JF SL-OD100_Randall RT2/50_Peavey 4x12 cab
          I'm loving the Jaded Faith mods. Going Egnater Dual mod route: Voxless, SL-OD100, Brahma #39, QuickMod GT

Comment

Originally posted by Hamner1:
            the RX10D is made in India.
            <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Not anymore. 2002+ models were made in Japan.
            "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

I've never played a RR3, but my RX10D is awesome. I love it. It doesn't have a tone knob (way cool)....no pickguard..It rocks...

Comment

Many of my students play RX10D's thanks to me and they are nice playing and sounding guitars bone stock. Great value and the shark fins look very cool.

Comment

no doubt they are great beginner/lower intermediate guitars. I wouldnt buy one though.

Comment

I'd go for the RR3 over the RX10D any day.
                    I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

RX10D, because it just looks better, without that ugly picguard, and less bullshit to mess with (only one knob). plus you can mod the fuck out of it. . .

Comment

Originally posted by PallarAndersVisa:
                        no doubt they are great beginner/lower intermediate guitars. I wouldnt buy one though.
                        <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">they are exactlly
                        the same as the rr3 with out the pickgard [very good] and the dd 103's sound way better than those invader style beasts they put in a rr3 . I am a pro and yes I would play one ... well maybe I would mod it just a bit lol but at the most it would cost 50 to 100 bucks to change a whole bunch of parts [pots and knobs and some used pickups] and she'd play as good as a lower model usa guitar . as long as shes made in Japan your bloody safe lol [img]graemlins/toast.gif[/img] //Steve

Comment

Originally posted by Hamner1:
                          What was said above, plus the RR3 has the JT580 trem (better trem). The RX10D has the JT500 trem. Aside from that, the RR3 is made in Japan, the RX10D is made in India.
                          <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">the trem is the jt 580 lp , same as all the guitars from Japan . //Steve

Comment

Originally posted by Sunbane:
                            The sound is a moot point IMO, since both have POS pickups and the same basic construction. For cosmetic appeal I'd pick the RX10D. For comfort I'd pick the RR3 (has the jack in the upper wing).
                            <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">yeah thats the only downfall with her . for me it wouldn't matter cause I would never play a RR sitting down where ever the jack was anyway . //Steve

Comment

Originally posted by RacerX:
                              </font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by Hamner1:
                              the RX10D is made in India.
                              <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Not anymore. 2002+ models were made in Japan. </font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Man I must have ben asleep when that news came down the pipeline. So are all of the X series guitars now made in Japan and trem models fitted with the JT580?
                              KV DM PRO, SLSXMG, RRXMG, DXMG, LP P90 Goldtop_GSP1101_RM4: JF SL-OD100_Randall RT2/50_Peavey 4x12 cab
                              I'm loving the Jaded Faith mods. Going Egnater Dual mod route: Voxless, SL-OD100, Brahma #39, QuickMod GT

Comment

Working...
                              X