Serial of a import jackson dinky

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Serial of a import jackson dinky

Can someone tell me more about my jackson import dinky professional???? It's serial is: 300899 . Thjey told me it's from 1995 or somewhere in the mid-ninethies, and it's made in Japan.

Thanx in advance!!!
    Emgmaster

Re: Serial of a import jackson dinky

Newc
    I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Originally posted by Newc:

Newc
      <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Newc - Would you please share the source for that information??? I just recently purchased a dinky from brett and it would be nice to know the year of it. I don't have the guitar yet so I do not know the serial # but when I do get it I'd like to be able to check it out. [img]graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

Comment

weren't the serials 6 digits starting with 9 by then?

300899 sounds more like a Model series Charvel number, although obviously not if the guitar is a Professional
        Hail yesterday

Comment

Just to chime in on this one all of the dinky pros I have had the serial numbers have started with 92 thru 95.
          Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

Newc, where do you get the information, i like to know more of my jackson

Comment

Soon i'll post a picture of it, first our digital cam has to be repaired [img]images/icons/mad.gif[/img]

Comment

I'll post pics as soon as I got my camera back!!!!!!

Comment

All Pro models first had the year of manufacture as the first number (neckthroughs had J0 and J1 for 1990 and 1991, etc etc and bolt ons just started with whatever the year was - 1, 2, 3, etc). My Dave Mustaine KV Pro was J5 I believe - making it a 95 (could be mistooken on the year/serial - it's been gone a while).

The "96" numbers started for bolt ons in 1996, and are still in use today. Indian and Korean models started with 0, IIRC, and the Indian models currently use 1 as the first number.

I gathered that info from the various models I've seen on Ebay and here, as well as ones I've owned.

Newc
                  I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Working...
                  X