Vibrato bar for Rhoads EX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vibrato bar for Rhoads EX

I recently bought a used Rhoads EX Pro which did not include the bar for the Licensed Floyd Rose bridge. This one differs from my Strat's original FR. It looks like the bar is inserted into the bridge through a threadless nut but there seem to be threads below the nut. I went to a local Jackson dealer but they couldn't match it.
    The bridge has no marking other than "Jackson" and "Licensed under Floyd Rose Pats". Under the bridge it says "Japan" and "Takenuchi". The serial# on the neck plate is 9413422.
    Does anyone have an idea where I can get a black bar to work with this bridge? I've emailed Easton but have yet to hear back.
    Thanks...e

Re: Vibrato bar for Rhoads EX

if it is the JT-6 bridge, it takes a Pop-In arm, you can use an Ibanez of the same type. Does it have the fine tuners in the back on the string screw locks? Jack.

Comment

My Rhoads EX had the JT580 bridge (not the JT580LP). I believe this trem had a screw-in bar, but just as with yours, the trem bar was gone when I bought it. I ended up sending the guitar back, since it was damaged in shipping - so I never bothered to find a replacement bar for it.

Check to see if you can unsrew the insert assemby from the back of the trem (usually the assembly is held from the back with a hex nut). If you can get it off of the bridge, you might be able to replace it with an OFR assembly + OFR trem bar. (You might want to take the guitar back to the techies for consultation regarding this tho). It's been a while since I had a JT580 in front of my face. =)

Comment

This one looks like an Original FR except for the bar connection. Fine tuners adjust the attitude of the string retainers. I'll try the Ibanez arm as it looks like there are threads below the nut (which is not removeable)but it may be a coil spring. Under the bridge there was a slotted brass screw that when removed looked like there was a spring there.
        The techies at GC are stumped too.
        Thanks...e

Comment

I took a chance and bought the Ibanez arm and it works! A little stiff but with use it should loosen. Thanks all!...e

Comment

Was it the pop-in style bar? If so, where and how much for one? Color? Thanks-Jack.

Comment

It was the pop in. Black and at guitar center for $12

Comment

Thanks man [img]graemlins/toast.gif[/img] Jack.

Comment

Working...
                X