specs of a JS-20?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• specs of a JS-20?

does anyone know the type of wood and construction used on a jackson Js-20? I have one, and on the top, under the paint there seems to be some sort of a layer of thin plastic and then another layer of dark red/brown wood.

Re: specs of a JS-20?

just on a crazy notion, I went and checked out the Jackson site...... http://www.jacksonguitars.com/gear/g...no=JS20_Dinky#
    Hail yesterday

Comment

Yeah, who would've thought you could find specs on the ACTUAL JACKSON WEBSITE??? [img]graemlins/poke.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
      "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

"Indian Cedro with Flame Maple Veneer on Transparent Colors"
        "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

what exactly is Veneer? It just didnt seem right because of this wierd layer of plastic-type stuff on it.

Comment

Veneer is an extremely thin layer of a nicer-looking wood that goes on top of the body wood. It's usually paper thin. I don't know for a fact, but I'm assuming that under the veneer will be glue, then primer, and then the body wood.
            sigpic

Comment

There is no primer between a veneer and the body.

Comment

Working...
              X