Sellin an SLSMG...askin too much?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sellin an SLSMG...askin too much?

Hey guys. I just put an SLSMG up for sale on ebay. its in brand new condition and i started the bids at 600, is that asking too much to start with? Im askin that because its gone by several days and no bids. By the way it has upgraded pickups to a dimarzio super distortion and a duncan screamin demon. Check it out here

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...tem=3721750327

Re: Sellin an SLSMG...askin too much?

Why are you seliing it?

Comment

I think that is a good buy........not a steal...but a good buy nonetheless. I wouldn't sell mine for $600 ......but I wouldn't pay over $700 for one either.

Comment

ahh those are nice look guitars. i would love to have that.

Comment

Hey dewd....Ya better be careful. The admins don't like to see ebay auctions listed here....anywhere. Also, being a Jr. member doesnt help. Not trying to be a jerk, just thought you need to know.....cool. [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
          >>--HuntinDoug-->

Comment

True, Doug, but since he's asking a legitimate question about the value and is not very well known here (i.e. we don't automatically associate his JCF name with his Ebay name like Charvel750 or a few other "old timers"), I'd guess it should be ok for information purposes. At worst the Admins would delete the link, not lock the thread or ban the guy. But then I don't make those decisions, so...

As for the value, Jackson=Floyd for the most part, so a stringthrough Jackson (unless it's a Rhoads or a very rare Custom model) is simply not going to have a wide enough appeal to command a high price. Used USA and early Professional series Jacksons can still be had for that price, though they are fewer and farther between than they have been. I'm sure you could find at least two dealers selling that model brand new for the same price as well, if you looked hard enough.

Newc
            I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

[img]graemlins/poke.gif[/img]

What part of
              "1. Don't post your own auctions."

DON'T you get? [img]images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]
              "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

All I know is these guitars are worth every penny. Mine is flawless and the build quality and finish is excellent and in some cases, WAY beyond what you see coming out of Gibson or Fender - CS or not. I play a $3500 Custom Shop Les Paul all the time and although it is a great guitar, it ain't worth half of that IMHO. I also have access to Custom Shop Fenders and play them alot as well and I frankly I think these Japanese made guitars are going to take a huge bite out of the Custom Shop market. The only thing low-grade is the hardware but even if you replace the hardware and pickups you are still nowhere near the cost of the USA CS stuff. I don't know, I am not a collector, I am a player so I may see stuff differently than some folks but that's my take.

oo.

Comment

...And now back to the topic...Yes, $600 is probably too much for an opening bid but if the guitar is in primo shape you should get $600 for it. I looked all over the place and the best price I found was, oddly enough, Musician's Friend @ $679 shipped. I tried a couple of other places including dealers listed on the JCF and that was the best deal I found. anybody know of better deal? I'm all ears - I would love to have another one in Trans Black Flametop [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] .

Comment

Working...
                  X