My DK2KE3 Project lol........

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: My DK2KE3 Project lol........

Very cool Dave [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] Jack.

Comment

Thanks.. Thanks alot...I just got my DK-1 in today (trans black). And now I have to see this? Ok what is that damn color called, Purple burst, violet burst? Where's my phone....

That color is incredible. Very nice.

Comment

SWEET! That really looks killer. Duncan [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

Very cool, I like that color. Enjoy.

Comment

I like the black hardware, but what's with the blue headstock? [img]graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]
            "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Hey, thanks again for the words everyone.
              Ron: it's just a glare off the sky, I guess, as it's really not blue. It's black [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Dave->
              Dave ->

"would someone answer that damn phone?!?!"

Comment

good one man ! love it ! //Steve

Comment

Nice work Dave! [img]graemlins/toast.gif[/img] Looks killer.
                  Scott
                  Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Comment

That looks awesome!!! Is that just a DK2 neck with a KE3 body right??

I would have kept my cheapo JK-20 if the damn neck didnt' warp on me....should have found a DK2 neck to put on there.

Comment

Wow,that guitar looks alot better with that neck than the one it had originally.Did you have to drill the holes in a different pattern,I still have the old neck and IIRC the pattern doens't quite match up to my Dinky and I'll probably have to redrill it?

Good job dammit! [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

That looks awesome!!! Is that just a DK2 neck with a KE3 body right??

That's exactly right sir! [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Did you have to drill the holes in a different pattern,I still have the old neck and IIRC the pattern doens't quite match up to my Dinky and I'll probably have to redrill it?

You are also correct sir! [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Thanks once again for all the compliments guys, oit's appreciated greatly [img]graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

Dave->
                        Dave ->

Comment

Originally posted by budman68:
                          Ron: it's just a glare off the sky, I guess, as it's really not blue. It's black [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

<font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Well, it looks goofy. Go take another pic! [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
                          "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

I'll get right on that boss....... [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Dave->
                            Dave ->

Comment

How are the intonation and tuning acting?

Can you take a photo of neck and body joint?
                              How did you fill the old holes?

Comment

Originally posted by budman68:
                                Now if I was in Evol's shoes and had to put a Kelley neck on a DK2 body, then I would have to fill the neck holes and redrill because the neckplate wouldn't allow you to just elongate the body holes.
                                <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">That's exactly what I have to do,darnit! [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
                                But I swear the neck from those guitars are *thin*,I never realized that until I put it side by side with a DK2 neck.Funny though I had friends that had other Kelly necks that were not quite as thin,maybe it was just that particular model of Kelly?

Either which case I think it looks much nicer with the binding on the neck than it did with the original one! [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
                                X