"scalloped heels" and carved tops

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "scalloped heels" and carved tops

by this term, i assume it refers to the rim that surrounds the neck join. i have a WRMG that has a sloped neck join. i saw a WR1 that has the "scalloped" rim around the neckjoin area in the same way that a dk2 has. have i got a cheapshot immitation? it was ordered by my local uk retailer from fender uk.

the spec on the jackson guitars site must be wrong because it says the WRMG has a carved top. should i feel ripped off or is it merely a printing error?

i am now on a mission to get another import with a carved top and "scalloped (neckjoin) heel" and so far, it looks like i'll be going for a DKMG or DKMGFF. the problem is that i can only order a jackson based on what i know because no-one ever has them on display.

anyone got any ideas?
    Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Re: \"scalloped heels\" and carved tops

The WR1 is the USA neckthrough, and it does have the scalloped neck heel/joint.

WRMG (bolt-on) should have a sloped neck heel, not the scalloped joint like the DK2.
    Didn't notice the "carved top" thing for that model before, but I've got one, so it's gotta be a typo.
    I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

fuck it. can't afford a wr1 so i'm buying a dkmg end of jan or feb.
      Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

Can't go wrong with a DKMG. I have a DKMGt and I'm waiting on a delivery of a full on DKMG. My son has one as well. They Rock!

bob

Comment

send pix when ready. i haven't decided on the colour yet...
          Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

Comment

Go with Blackforest. I love that color.........

Comment

best colour i've seen is probably trans red [img]/images/graemlins/drool2.gif[/img], but that plain black looks so shiny [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]. i'd get a dkmgff if it was cheap enough. it would help if i had several pix to compare side by side (with all the guitars in the same posture [img]/images/graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]). i only get to buy a new guitar once or twice a year. women are soooo expensive...
              Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

Comment

Working...
              X