unidentifiable jackson???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• unidentifiable jackson???

I came over a topic on another forum, and this is what this is know one knows exactly, and you guys are more knowlagable of jacksons than anyone on that forum.
    http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...ayphotohosting

cheers, owain

Re: unidentifiable jackson???

Yup, that's the KS2 "Kelly Star" - quite unusual model. Comparing it to the reference pics I have, the pickups don't appear to be stock (unless they changed the specs at some point).

Specs
    -------------
    Body: Alder
    Neck: Bolt-on Rock Maple
    Scale: 25.5", 24 frets
    Bridge: JT580LP
    Pickups: DD102B/DD102N

Comment

I think those pickups are stock because I saw a Kelly Star with the exact same ones - Duncan Designed with long bars on top instead of pole pieces. The one I saw was trans red with a rather average flametop. I do like the body shape and I dig the reverse sharks.

-Mike

Comment

It is more than likely a KSXT, the Indian made kelly star. Which means you probably don't want it unless it's dirt cheap. The ksxt's had those blade pickups. The headstock is the wierd thing, I don't think any of the production kelly stars had a non-reverse head like that. Maybe it's a replacement neck.

The KS2 was made for one year and is the only made in Japan version. I have a KS2 and have had several KSXT's. If you care, just ask for the serial number. If it starts with a "9", it's made in japan, if it starts with "01.." it's the Indian version. But if the neck has been replaced and the plate is not original I would just assume it's Indian based on those pickups.

Comment

thats a Kelly Star I believe...
          shawnlutz.com

Comment

Stupid Thread Title Award

(Why do you doubt us, o ye of little faith?) [img]images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]
            "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

The KS body shape is definitely growing on me. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
              I wonder if any KS2's made it to the northern fringes of Europe...I'd love to have one. =P

Comment

I really like that shape too, I may have to bust up my strat-opoly to obtain one...
                Occupy JCF

Comment

The KS2's are tough to find, for as few as are out there. It is a nice body style and looks great with a std head stock. I don't understand why they didn't sell at least as well as the Warriors.

Also, back to the ID question, the hardware is chrome on the ksxt's. KS2's have brushed aluminum hardware finish.

Comment

Hats off to ZeroSignal for correcting my erroneous data! [img]images/icons/blush.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/toast.gif[/img]
                    I didn't know about the Indian model, but I'll keep my eyes peeled for these. I doubt that I'll ever find one in these backwaters though. =P

Comment

Originally posted by ozzuk1:
                      shall tell the interested guy to stay away!

<font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Yeah, as £205.00 = 366.00 USD

[img]images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]
                      "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

ok thanks udes I shall post the info along we speculated it was the indian one but shall tell the interested guy to stay away!

cheers, owain

Comment

Working...
                        X