Back in Black, FUSION PRO!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Back in Black, FUSION PRO!

Thought I would share a few pics of my new baby. Pardon the prints and smudges, still need to clean her up, if I can ever put it down! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] Oh BTW, all the hype you hear about these guitars, BELIEVE IT! This guitar flat out smokes! [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Are YOU a Jackson Warrior? Join us and be all that you can be!

Re: Back in Black, FUSION PRO!

Whoa dude, that is super sweet, I know those guitars freakin rip! Looks like excellent condition, too!
    I'm gonna miss the one that I sent off to DonP.. but I know it has a good home [img]/images/graemlins/eviltongue.gif[/img]

Comment

i'm a bit thick, but if the blade is for selecting pickups, what's the toggle switch above it for? the neareast lookalike i can get in the uk is a dk2..
      Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

Very sweet indeed, must be an awesome player.
        Oh, and nice photography as well [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]
        -Janne

Comment

were these built at the same shop that builds DK2 now?

Comment

The toggle switch turns on/off the JE1000 mid-boost circuit, which a DK2 does not have. That Fusion Pro was built in the early '90s in the same shop that builds the DK2 now, but the Fusion Pro was built to a much higher standard and is comparable in quality to the USA version.

I had a black Fusion Pro awhile back, but yours is almost dead mint, where my old one had a few nicks. By the way, if you don't dig the stock Jackson bridge pickup, I got great results with a DiMarzio Super Distortion.

Comment

J/C's mid-boost circuit was the JE1200, wasn't it? I believe the JE1000 is a gain booster...

Comment

You've got very nice guitar! I have exactly same, even the paint job is same [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img] Great score!

Comment

Nice one, it looks like it's in great shape. I can't wait to get a chance to try one of these out.

Comment

The fusion pros are my favorite of the import Jacksons.
                    Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

so apart from the hardware colour, isn't this essentially the original version of what can only be obtained in the form of a dk2fs? what's the difference between the je-1000/1200 and the firestorm or is it the same thing? i was told some time ago that there are subtle differences between firestorms and turbochargers..
                      Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                        Whoa dude, that is super sweet, I know those guitars freakin rip! Looks like excellent condition, too!
                        I'm gonna miss the one that I sent off to DonP.. but I know it has a good home [img]/images/graemlins/eviltongue.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm loving mine [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Same thing, except for color (blue) and a little more wear.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                          The toggle switch turns on/off the JE1000 mid-boost circuit, which a DK2 does not have. That Fusion Pro was built in the early '90s in the same shop that builds the DK2 now, but the Fusion Pro was built to a much higher standard and is comparable in quality to the USA version.

I had a black Fusion Pro awhile back, but yours is almost dead mint, where my old one had a few nicks. By the way, if you don't dig the stock Jackson bridge pickup, I got great results with a DiMarzio Super Distortion.

[/ QUOTE ]

(@ unlucky in general about the sound of these) This preamp is probably different than a firestorm/EMG Afterburner in that the Boost is "fixed" in gain, but the frequency is variable, like a wah pedal. With it switch off, the knob functions like a regular tone knobs.

The stock pickup is J50B, which is a PAF style 8.5K Alnico wind. It's weak in output, but I like having a little variety in my guitars. If you put a high output pickup in every guitar you own, they all start sounding the same.

Comment

These are great guitars!!!! no ifs, ands, or buts to it. I like the Black, enjoy!!!!!
                            I say the boy ain't right!

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                              so apart from the hardware colour, isn't this essentially the original version of what can only be obtained in the form of a dk2fs?

[/ QUOTE ]

Not really, no. The Fusion Pro had a 24.75" scale neck, where the DK2 uses the more typical 25.5" scale. Also, the Fusion Pro had a Schaller-made JT590 bridge, which is far superior to the TRS-made JT580LP piece of crap bridge on the DK2. Moreover, the Pro had an ebony fretboard with real MOP inlays, while the DK2 has a rosewood fretboard with plastic inlays. In fact, the only thing they really have in common is that they are bolt-on Dinky-bodied guitars. Remember, they are separated in time by about 10-15 years, and the Fusion Pro was intended as a high-end professional caliber instrument, while the DK2 is a budget-line instrument that simply doesn't compare. If you can find a Fusion Pro, get it, because they rock.

Comment

Working...
                              X