Info on Jackson Pro Dinky Rev

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Info on Jackson Pro Dinky Rev

I just got a Jackson Pro Dinky Rev in Stone Granite finish off ebay. It's a double humbucker model with Floyd, rosewood board and offset dots. Can anyone give me some info on the guitar and finish? Is the finish rough or is it smooth? How would it compare to an SL-4, which I also own?

Thanx,
    Peter

Re: Info on Jackson Pro Dinky Rev

Originally posted by lhrocker:
    I just got a Jackson Pro Dinky Rev in Stone Granite finish off ebay. It's a double humbucker model with Floyd, rosewood board and offset dots. Can anyone give me some info on the guitar and finish? Is the finish rough or is it smooth? How would it compare to an SL-4, which I also own?

Thanx,
    Peter
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I reckon Tekky can answer your question, he has a couple of those babies.

Or just go to his website(his URL can be found in his profile), you should be able to find some info about them.

Fong

Comment

I sold one a while back that had a maple/maple neck.The hums are a J-80 in the neck and Jackson dual rail in the bridge.There was no sticker on the bridge hum so I don't know what jackson called them.The body wood is basswood and the early ones had a shaller floyd mine had a JT-580 LP.They discontinued the stone finish in 94.
      They are killer players very thin necks.Mine sold for 500+ on ebay but it was minty.
      Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

i love the dinky rev.
        i own two of them, one with schaller FR and one with the JT-580LP. they are abolut player guitars!
        on the schaller equiped i change the dualrail for an dimarzio steve´s special, which makes the dinky to a absolut heavy metal axe. [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

the stone finish should be smooth. mine are black.

Comment

All three of mine are black with maple fretboards. Other than that, the features are the same. I've been interested in snagging one with this finish. From what I understand, the "granite" finish is textured.
          Occupy JCF

Comment

It is textured just like that granite paint in a can but micer quality obviously. They are excellent players as I have a neck from a granite Dinky(sold the body) and put it on my PS4 flame maple body. It's a VERY fast and flat neck.

Dave->
            Dave ->

"would someone answer that damn phone?!?!"

Comment

The stone finish wasn't a big hit I guess but I always thought they were cool.The maple/maple necks are thinner than the rosewood board necks.I've had 3 of these and all were great.Tons of tone
              Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

I've got a Stealth EX in the granite finish and I love it. I stuck a Screamion Demon in the bridge and it sounds amaizing in the basswood body. (reminds me I need to get that back from the pawn shop asap). They got a Dinky reverse in there too in pavo purple for silly cheap. It may be mine. maybe.
                The granite (stone) finish is not smooth like a polished finish. It has like a raw feel to it, not rough but not glass smooth either. Its confortable and easy to get used to.
                Gil

Comment

Commonly known as the Fleckstone Dinky [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
                  I got one of those necks (M/M) on my DK-2 HRF [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
                  But the best import bolt-on neck Jackson ever had was the maple/maple JTX, IMO.

Newc
                  I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

I have 2 of the Dinky Rev, including one in the stone granite finish. I love the guitar and use it as my primary guitar (check out my band's website for pics of the guitar (look under PHOTOS).

Like others have said, the finish has a texture to it that's not rough, but not smooth either. I love the guitar and the finish doesn't really bother me while I'm playing. I've had my stone granite Dinky Rev since 1991.

Comment

Thanx for all the info. I used to have a Jem dbk, and that also had a textured finish, so the Jackson should be cool.

Comment

I used to want a Dinky Reverse with that cool looking granite finish too but, every time I saw one (3 times new in different Sam Ash's) I A/B'd one with a regular finish Dinky Reverse guitar, and the granites didn't sound quite as alive tonewise to me. I think that the thick finish bottled up the guitar's tone a little bit. Dinky Reverse's are EXCELLENT guitars--I would just avoid buying one in that finish sight unseen or without trying out a non granite finishd one as well. I have one of the newer flame maple top DR3 (1998) models and I LOVE it.

[ May 01, 2004, 09:52 AM: Message edited by: Robotechnology ]
                        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qFn-5BTQ8uU

Comment

Working...
                        X