jackson firebird pro

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• jackson firebird pro

I got my white firebird pro from justin at JC's Guitars the other day. It is fantastic. the neck is really fat. i'm going to call kevin easton and see if he has any 22 fret jackson necks left so i can change it. if not i'll just keep it the same, it feels pretty good. my FB had chrome gibson-looking humbuckers, but i switched them to zebra dimarzio paf pro's.

i love the way it balances (mine isn't neck heavy, and it's cool to have a vintage shaped guitar with all the hotrod features. i also really like the fact that the top arches a little bit...makes it really comfortable to play (the belly cut doesn't hurt either).

my friend has a real gibson firebird from the early 70's and he said that the jackson's body looks smaller to him. is the FB really like a "dinky firebird"? we going to get together this weekend and compare the two.

the quality of this guitar is fantastic. i don't like any of the current "pro" models, they seem kinda tinny to me. this is my second import, i sold my DXMG about a month after i got it because it didn't feel solid enough for me. this FB feels and sounds real solid. it looks solid. man, i am so happy. now if i could find a collen archtop pro, i'd be in heaven...but i think i'll have to go custom shop (but that's another thread).

oh yeah, i know the picture rule, but i haven't put the guitar down long enough to take pictures. i'll try to get some up later.
    GEAR:

some guitars...WITH STRINGS!!!! most of them have those sticks like on guitar hero....AWESOME!!!!

some amps...they have some glowing bottle like things in them...i think my amps do that modelling thing....COOL, huh?!?!?!

and finally....

i have those little plastic "chips" used to hit the strings...WHOA!!!!

Re: jackson firebird pro

Congratz!
    I´m really happy with mine too!
    Considering the fact that there are less than a 100 of theese made, i wouldn´t swap the neck...
    Be sure you save the pups too. They are Kent Armstrong distortions. Made exclusively for theese guitars!

//Jonzkij

Comment

yeah, i'm not sure about the neck. i certainly wouldn't sell it!! i'm thinking it'll look really killer with an bound neck with pearl fins, but i'll just have to see. [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]
      GEAR:

some guitars...WITH STRINGS!!!! most of them have those sticks like on guitar hero....AWESOME!!!!

some amps...they have some glowing bottle like things in them...i think my amps do that modelling thing....COOL, huh?!?!?!

and finally....

Comment

I love the Firebird Pro! I bought Newc's black one a while back and added some zebra stripes and a Charvel Model '88 neck to it: I also have a fully bound Dinky USA neck with ebony board and sharks I haven't tried yet. You're right, the stock neck is a thick beast, I couldn't adapt so now it's totally playable. The stock pickups kick butt, as does that tremolo too!
        "Got a crazy feeling I don't understand,
        Gotta get away from here.
        Feelin' like I shoulda kept my feet on the ground
        Waitin' for the sun to appear..."

Comment

...Joe {Charvel750}...PLEASE SEE if ya can post a LITTLE BIGGER FILE NEXT TIME......OK ???

[img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/fart.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

GREAT SCORE on the Firebird, though !!!!

Comment

[img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] Doc

Yeah those necks are inexplicably huge.

Newc
            I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

At first i was shocked by the thickness of the neck, but now i appreciate it.
              Problem is, i now find it difficult to play my Model 6... [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

//Jonzkij

Comment

yeah i adapted with no problem. i keep forgetting to out up the pic. i'll do it soon.
                GEAR:

and finally....

Comment

nice...I have a white one too that came with a busted neck thanks to UPS. I slapped on a Chavel M/M pointy , put a OFR on and installed zebra duncans...great player and I agree with you...tough to put down.
                  shawnlutz.com

Comment

I just bought a FB-2 in Black and a FB-2T in a Mint blue/green colour. I hear they were only made in low numbers, anyone know how many? What is the correct name of the Mint colour? Both of these guitars are practicaly unplayed and must be quite rare over here in England. Any information on these two will be very helpful.

Comment

no idea how many were made, but they were only made for a year.

sully
                      Sully Guitars - Built by Rock & Roll
                      Sully Guitars on Facebook
                      Sully Guitars on Google+
                      Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

Thanks for the help. I've had no luck trying to contact Jackson can anyone help with a contact name?

Comment

kevin easton was working there at the time, but i dunno if anyone will know exactly how many were made. they weren't a limited run or anything, they just stopped making them.
                          Sully Guitars - Built by Rock & Roll
                          Sully Guitars on Facebook
                          Sully Guitars on Google+
                          Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

Originally posted by scary:
                            I just bought a FB-2 in Black and a FB-2T in a Mint blue/green colour. I hear they were only made in low numbers, anyone know how many? What is the correct name of the Mint colour? Both of these guitars are practicaly unplayed and must be quite rare over here in England. Any information on these two will be very helpful.
                            <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Mint green was the name of the color.
                            Occupy JCF

Comment

Working...
                            X