• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JS30 body - worth getting?

Alright Lads
    Ive seen this guitar body on Ebay.
    JS 30

It says its off a JS-30. How bad is the wood of that guitar? With it being 'Cedro' or something (as Ive read round here) Im presuming its not plywood? Im thinking that could turn into a nice little project...

James

Re: JS30 body - worth getting?

I think the new ones are the Cedro bodies, but I seem to remember them being MIJ from Alder like the oher dinkies at some point in the recent past. It's probably a good body

Comment

Phew I forgot I was waiting for a reply on here and clicked buy it now [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

As long as its not plywood!!! Itll be one of those projects Ill wait till I see something cheap and get a bargain.

What does Cedro behave like? Just another generic low-end tone wood like ash or alder? (awaits flaming!!!)

I was thinking it probably isnt off a JS30 cos they have a toggle switch not a blade, but like you said it could be an early one.

James

Comment

I believe it is closer to a very lightweight mahogony, though it should have a red tint to it and looking at the neck pocket I don't see any red at all. I would guess that body is Alder.

Comment

Good spot mate. You've earned your keep tonight!!!
          It should be nice once Ive finished. The good thing with it having a veneer is I want to keep it as I love trans black guitars and I wont be able to do any re-routing on it! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] Should keep me grounded

James

Comment

that one has alder body.

you guys can also check cedro. it's good stuff (for the price of course)

Comment

Working...
            X