tremolo bar for a pro-soloist

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• tremolo bar for a pro-soloist

Hi everyone, I just scored me a Red soloist pro xl on ebay, but it has no bar. Where do i find a good replacement for that?

Re: tremolo bar for a pro-soloist

http://www.stewmac.com/shop/Bridges,...and_Parts.html

Newc
    I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

If they are different trems, probably not. Doesn't your XL have the JT-580 trem? My Kelly XL has the 580 with the threaded collar bar. I think the 590s had a pop in bar.
      "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Thanks Newc! Will this same bar be able to fit on my RR pro neck thru as well you think?

Comment

Hey Racer X, well to be honest I havent got the soloist on me yet because its currently being sent to me. But it says jackson on the tremolo and is low profile, will that info work? Then again the RR's trem says schaller on it so technically they are diffrent trems, it is the screw in collar kind.

Comment

Is your RR the Rhoads PRO model, neck thru with the ebony board? If so, that's a JT-590 (they say Schaller on it). I was unable to find out exactly what trem the Soloist XL comes with (that's why I asked you). I think they are kinda rare...although maybe another JCFer can tell you for sure. If not, we wait til you get it. Full report then, as I hear they are really nice.

Comment

My RR is a definite Pro, ebony fretboard, schaller trem, yellow bevels made from duct tape on a black body(my dumb invention! HA!) although it does have a bar but its chrome. Thought I would buy a matching one but that is being too picky anyways. But ill see if that same bar fits the soloist. Who knows..... web page

Here is the soloist, I know I paid hefty but I needed it now!!!!!!1

Comment

That's a great price [img]graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

And both of those trems have screw-collared bars - the OFR-style from StewMac will fit just fine.

Newc
                I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Allparts has replacement arms with the threaded collar. Pretty sure they are actually made by Schaller. The search function is down at the Allparts site, but they are listed here. The part numbers are I-BP-1000-010 for chrome & I-BP-1000-003 for black. I've been able to find these at many music stores. There are also a few Allparts dealers here at the JCF. Doc Dryer and mm2002 (Mark) are 2 I know of for sure.

Comment

It looks like the trem on your Soloist XL is a Schaller made JT-590. Excellent trems!

Comment

Well newc if any any knows about the trems more then trems themselves it would be you. Too bad stew mac is temporaily out.....crappy!! Although I tried ebay but so many people put diffrent floyd--style bars that its impossilbe to know which ones fit with the right tremolo.

Comment

Working...
                      X