Any idea what model this Jackson is?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any idea what model this Jackson is?

I was at a pawn shop today and saw a gorgeous Jackson, don't know model. It's a bolt-on, sharkfin inlays, nothing on "Pointy" Headstock except Jackson logo. Scalloped neck joint, H/S/S Duncan Designed pickups, chrome Jackson/Floyd Trem, 2 knobs, volume/tone with usual 3 way toggle switch. The body was not strat but like the SLATQH soloist body! The color was dark purple. If I remember the serial # was 6 digit started with 95. Price was $329.00

Any clue? [img]graemlins/notworthy.gif[/img]

Re: Any idea what model this Jackson is?

Sounds like a DK2 but the archtop part is confusing me.
    Build a man a fire and he's warm for a day, set a man on fire and he's warm for the rest of his life.

Comment

Originally posted by Flatpicker:
      Sounds like a DK2 but the archtop part is confusing me.
      <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">yeah me too. [img]graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]

Comment

I believe it´s must be DK2

Comment

Just the lower horn?

How many frets?
          Occupy JCF

Comment

Originally posted by TEKKY:
            Just the lower horn?

How many frets?
            <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">DOH! Thats the thing I didn't check....I'll probably going back to that pawn shop today to get some more details. The guitar looks fairly new unless just taken very good care of.

Ignorance is "not" bliss. You got a cool website BTW! I'm going to check it out some more later on. [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

Thanks.

While you're at it, take a tape measure. Measure from the nut to the bridge. This guitar could either be a Dinky or a Fusion. The difference between the two are the scale lengths. (Dinky: 25.5 / Fusion: 24.75)
              Occupy JCF

Comment

OK I'll measure it.

Comment

Back from the pawn shop, and it measures 25.5 from nut to bridge. 24 frets. If serial # starts with 96, is that the year? So we have a DK-2 I suppose? I looked at some dk's on the web earlier and they looked exactly like it. I'm not familiar with those models, Don't know what they're worth. If I talked them down to $275 would that be a good deal? Its a gorgeous guitar! Almost flawless. What could I expect to resell it for? I'd really like another Model 6.

Comment

You sure it's an archtop, or are you saying that it's tapered?
                    Occupy JCF

Comment

Originally posted by TEKKY:
                      You sure it's an archtop, or are you saying that it's tapered?
                      <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Maybe archtop is the wrong term. The top is "cutout" at the lower horn similar to the soloist I referred to.
                      [img]graemlins/notworthy.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/help.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
                      X