Help on a Jap Jackson ID

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help on a Jap Jackson ID

Guys~ I ran across a Japanese Jackson today in a local Music Store and was wondering if anyone could help me ID it. It is a 22 fret neck thru with rosewood board and sharkies. It is a natural wood color and has been laquered. It has double humbuckers that are REAL Seymour Duncans, and I believe a licensed Floyd. All the harware is Chrome. Oh yeah, the headstock is standard. I thought [img]graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img] it may be a DX10 but Anyway, I saw it last November and they wanted $750.00 for it. Today, it was down to $452.00. Any ideas or answers would help.
    Thanks~

Re: Help on a Jap Jackson ID

sounds like an SL4. The Seymours are standard on those guitars. They were available alongside the other import neckthru, the SL3, until the SL4 was discontinued a couple of years ago.
    Hail yesterday

Comment

From your description I'm going to say SL4 also. Does the face on the headstock match the body?

Comment

Originally posted by slash:
        From your description I'm going to say SL4 also. Does the face on the headstock match the body?
        <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Yes, I believe so. It's all a transparent natural wood grain.

Also, Is the $452.00 a decent price for these? I think it is in pretty good shape overall. There maybe a few small dings but nothing that would affect playability.

Comment

Here's one just like it that belongs to Doc Dryer. I may go back and snag it.

http://www.docsguitars.com/guitars_d...sl4_full.shtml

Comment

Yeah, $450 is a decent price for one of those, as long as you get a case with it. You're not going to see them around for much less than that.

Comment

Working...
            X