Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

SLSMG sweeeet... (couple of questions too)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SLSMG sweeeet... (couple of questions too)

So I just got this SLSMG (violin brown)and godamn, It's great(thanks to Matt's music). Plays like a dream, and the quality seems to be fairly close to my SL2H, except for the hardware. In fact I think this thing plays better than my SL2H. But then again I love TOM bridges, my main guitar for many years was a Gibson SG standard. Speaking of which, this guitar is kind of like a cross between the two. Anyways, I had a couple questions for you fellow SLSMG owners...
    1. What bridge would be a good replacement? Does tone-pro's make one that fits this guitar?
    2. What tuners will fit without any mod?
    3. Anyone tried an Evo 1 or 2 in the bridge?
    www.SeveredSavior.com

Re: SLSMG sweeeet... (couple of questions too)

I put a locking TOM bridge in my SLSMG, I cant remember the model # off hand, but it was a perfect fit. Im at work atm, I'll toss you the model # when I get home. As far as tuners go, I dont mind the stock tuners at all, so never considered replacing them.
    www.myspace.com/madeaband
    www.garageband.com/artist/madea

Comment

Mike post pictures of that guitar you asshole! I am grabbin' a Satin Black one next week, can't wait!

Comment

Heres some pics of the SLSMG I got my nephew last summer at GC in Sacramento For $549.00 on sale (killer deal) threw an 81/89 in it it rocks, btw gilbert, Severed Savior is one of his favorite bands since playing with you guys at the Pound in San Francisco about three years ago (dont think you were in the band then)his band is existence from Reno. [image][/image] [image][/image]
        METAL, LIVE IT!

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
          I put a locking TOM bridge in my SLSMG, I cant remember the model # off hand, but it was a perfect fit. Im at work atm, I'll toss you the model # when I get home. As far as tuners go, I dont mind the stock tuners at all, so never considered replacing them.

[/ QUOTE ]
          Cool, thanks man!
          www.SeveredSavior.com

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
            Mike post pictures of that guitar you asshole! I am grabbin' a Satin Black one next week, can't wait!

[/ QUOTE ]
            Hey Adam! I'm sure you'll love it, they play awesome.
            I'll try and take some pics tonight.
            www.SeveredSavior.com

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
              Heres some pics of the SLSMG I got my nephew last summer at GC in Sacramento For $549.00 on sale (killer deal) threw an 81/89 in it it rocks, btw gilbert, Severed Savior is one of his favorite bands since playing with you guys at the Pound in San Francisco about three years ago (dont think you were in the band then)his band is existence from Reno.

[/ QUOTE ]
              Nice slsmg! Right on.
              I rejoined the band like 2 1/2 years ago after an almost 2 year hiatus, so I don't think I was at that perticular show. But I'm glad he digs us! I'll have to check out his band too.
              www.SeveredSavior.com

Comment

here's some pics

www.SeveredSavior.com

Comment

That violin brown really fits that guitar, looks awesome! [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]
                  -Janne

Comment

Awesome Mike! So is this thing gonna become you're main live axe you think? Also what do you think of the stock pickups dude?

Comment

That finish looks awesome, I almost ended up with one, but then the trans black-run showed up so I ended up with that instead.

Congrats!!

Comment

that's by far the best finish on slsmg!
                        is it still available? it's not listed in slsmg page here:
                        http://www.jacksonguitars.com/gear/g...=SLSMG_Soloist

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                          that's by far the best finish on slsmg!
                          is it still available? it's not listed in slsmg page here:
                          http://www.jacksonguitars.com/gear/g...=SLSMG_Soloist

[/ QUOTE ]
                          It was a limited run so I don't think it is available.

Comment

What kind of neck profile is on those untis. Wide and thick, or wide and thin, or narrow and ???

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                              Awesome Mike! So is this thing gonna become you're main live axe you think? Also what do you think of the stock pickups dude?

[/ QUOTE ]
                              Yeah I think so dude. I love my SL2H, but this guitar just feels more "right" to me. The stock pups are ok, but I'm gonna replace em today. They actually sound ok for leads, but they are kind of lifeless for cleans, and for high gain rhythm they sound decent at best. Above shitty, but not good.
                              www.SeveredSavior.com

Comment

Working...
                              X