newby.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• newby.

just bought this guitar and trying to find out what model, neck plate serial is 912228 hope the pics help. thnkxs Charvel750 [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

Re: newby.

Well it's definitely not a Charvel 750 - those were archtops with dual hums. I really don't know what you meant with that comment....and it does say "Jackson" on the neck plate after all. Does the headstock say Charvel or Jackson? Is there anything else written on the headstock as well?

Comment

Originally posted by Sunbane:
      Well it's definitely not a Charvel 750 - those were archtops with dual hums. I really don't know what you meant with that comment....and it does say "Jackson" on the neck plate after all. Does the headstock say Charvel or Jackson? Is there anything else written on the headstock as well?
      <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">possibly Joe (Charvel750) helped Oz58 with posting the pics? [img]graemlins/help.gif[/img]
      Hail yesterday

Comment

it looks like a Fusion SP - what's the scale length?
        Hail yesterday

Comment

I have been summoned! Not sure, I'd agree though that's it's a Fusion.
          "Got a crazy feeling I don't understand,
          Gotta get away from here.
          Feelin' like I shoulda kept my feet on the ground
          Waitin' for the sun to appear..."

Comment

Not an SP. SP = slant pickup. I'm looking at the catalog from '92 and it's similar to the white one on this page. Fusions
            Same frets, same pickups, same controls.
            I can't quite make the name. Either Fusion S5, or SS.

Comment

sorry, you are correct. The Fusion SP had a single at the neck pos. and a slant bridge humbucker. My bad.

That is a Fusion SS. I had checked Jackson Museum from home when I posted that last night. It's actually much easier to make out the writing in the catalogue on my crappy lower-resolution PC here at work! [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
              Hail yesterday

Comment

Now I have a model thanks to all,I will be respraying the body, really like white. There is no writing on the head stock spoke to fender australia inregards to getting one for finishing touch [img]graemlins/images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

Comment

It doesn't have to be a Fusion. It could also be a parts mutt with a Charvette body (there is one exactly like that). Only way to be sure would be to measure the scale length.

Comment

Not sure Charvette's had recessed trem routes. I would say probably not. It looks all Fusion Jackson import right down to the pickups being the same, but we can't see the headstock.

Comment

Originally posted by Dude:
                      Not sure Charvette's had recessed trem routes. I would say probably not.
                      <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">

These Charvette models had trem routes allright. What's more, I discovered that they were also short scale, so measuring the scale length would prove nothing.

Comment

Interesting graphic on that white one! Did Charvettes even *have* factory graphics? [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
                        "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Originally posted by RacerX:
                          Interesting graphic on that white one! Did Charvettes even *have* factory graphics? [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
                          <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Yup, look at the crackle finish in the brochure page there. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img] And yes, that...."splatter" thingy is also a factory "graphic". Breadfan has one just like that:
                          http://www.jcfonline.com/cgi-bin/ult...=001578#000000

Comment

Now, that's a freaking puzzle [img]graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img] I'd rather play dice! [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

Yeah. Now that I look more closely at the pics newby provided though, it appears that at least the bridge is stock (see how it matches the trem route), so I'd have to agree it's more likely to be a Fusion.

Comment

Working...
                              X