Info needed on Professional Soloist STD

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Info needed on Professional Soloist STD

I was offered this guitar and I would really appreciate it if you guys could help me with my desicion whether to buy it or not.

This is all the info I got:

Jackson Soloist Professional STD
    -neck thru
    -Jackson Pu´s
    -two pics of it: http://www.angelfire.com/bug/kaavio/...n-valiaik.html

Which parts did they use in these and how much is the guitar worth? Thanks in advance!

Re: Info needed on Professional Soloist STD

Anyone?

Comment

Made in Japan in the early/mid `90s, which along with the more expensive XL version (sharkfins, bound fretboard) was the last import neck-thru Soloist until the SL-3 and SL-4 several years later. The body is either alder or poplar, the neck is maple, the fretboard is rosewood. Looks to me like a low-profile Jackson JT580LP trem. The pickups won't be anything amazing, but if they're similar to those used in other Japanese models at the time, they aren't bad...just sort of plain.

In my opinion, the Std (Standard) imports are good platforms for upgrades. A Seymour Duncan Full Shred would sound good, which is what I put in my older Soloist Pro; tried a Duncan Custom and didn't care for it. Some people will tell you to upgrade the Jackson trem to a real Floyd, but I like the JT580LP personally. The neck is probably a little thinner than a current USA or Japanese Soloist.

Good guitars, regarded as better than the current imports without the USA-spec features on the first Pro line.
      sigpic

Comment

I'd say about 400 US

Don't know about Finland though
        "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

This guitar has the JT590 Schaller trem, excellent tremolo. The guitar looks very clean too, I'd say $400-450 US would be a good price, maybe even $500, considering all guitars in Europe seem to be more expensive.

Comment

well i paid $550 for a early pro with thins ebony board
            binding all emg pups. sow you could snag it for $350
            bump [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img] in europe did'nt see that, then it should go for
            250 euros i would say

Comment

Working...
            X