Pickups for my flying v

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pickups for my flying v

I need some advice about pickups. Now i have on my voodoo explorer with emg 81 & 85 and thinking to move them to ps3t, and order seymour duncan inveders for gibson voodoo ex. Do you think that it is smart or not? I think that emg are wery good for cheap guitar because they sound the same on my gibson ex and some chepay shity guitar.

Do you know something about kent armstrong pickups? They are very cheap, and i'm thinging about ultra distortion too

Re: Pickups for my flying v

Originally posted by Ghode:
    I need some advice about pickups. Now i have on my voodoo explorer with emg 81 & 85 and thinking to move them to ps3t, and order seymour duncan inveders for gibson voodoo ex. Do you think that it is smart or not? I think that emg are wery good for cheap guitar because they sound the same on my gibson ex and some chepay shity guitar.

Do you know something about kent armstrong pickups? They are very cheap, and i'm thinging about ultra distortion too
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">yeah the kent armstrong pick ups are pretty good . //Steve

Comment

Re: Pickups for my flying v

But don't believe the hype. Great pickups cannot make a poor guitar sound good. Just as a great guitar can be made to sound poor with lame pickups...And then don't get me started on what equates to good tone. 99% of it is from the player's fingers and style. The rest is related to multiple factors such as amps, effects, string gauge/action/etc., body wood, neck wood, neck design, etc.
      "Got a crazy feeling I don't understand,
      Gotta get away from here.
      Feelin' like I shoulda kept my feet on the ground
      Waitin' for the sun to appear..."

Comment

Working...
      X