slsmg

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• slsmg

I played one of these this weekend and I've got to say, I was quite pleased with it. It was very comfortable to play, felt natural on both rhythm and lead. It actually felt better than the SL2H I played (blasphemy!) My only complaints were the pickups (just not my preference) and the satin black finish. Is it just me or does the satin finish make it feel more like plastic than wood. It just didn't feel like mahogany to me. It was nice and light (hence the name super light soloist) but the body and neck just felt artificial to me. Does anyone have any experience with the brown finish and if so, is it similar to the satin black in feel?

Re: slsmg

I just played a Violin Brown finish yesterday at a guitar store in San Francisco. No body binding though [img]images/icons/frown.gif[/img]

Very very very nice guitar. The body feels a lot like my Stealth's body. I like the neck on this guitar a lot. And it's string thru, so that's a major plus. I've seen pics of the wine red with binding on the body and it looks sweet.

Comment

Re: slsmg

I've been dying to buy an SLSMG for months now. It's absolutely killing me... any cross words against said guitar is a crime against God (kidding [img]images/icons/tongue.gif[/img] )

I can, however, say that I've tried similar satin finishes on Gibson Gothics and I don't mind them at all. For some reason, people complain about fingerprints and how the neck feels "soft" as opposed to "slick". I guess that is a legitimate argument, but I never felt much of a problem. I think it feels uber-smooth (the smoothest I've ever played, in fact) and it just LOOKS so fucking sexy and cool. It's just a badass finish, but the moral of the story is... it's not for everyone.

I've never tried the Violin Brown, but if you can get your hands on one, it's worth a shot. Or, you could mail-order the guitar through a company that offers a trial period (like Musician's Friend). No harm there, I suppose.

Comment

Working...
      X