Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DK2S (w/sustainer)

Hey guys,

I was just wondering about the DK2S guitar, I've played a couple and they seem to be okay; I havent found any with the problems on the sustainer driver that some people tend to have...

So here is my question--does the sustainer pickup justify itself in a $600 guitar...I mean, should I just wait, and get a phill collen guitar with the sustainer driver in it anyway...or should I spring for the DK2S sooner, and have a guitar without the finish I like and whatever...

Re: DK2S (w/sustainer)

It all depends, Dethritual...
    Is the Sustainiac pickup in there something that you are going to be using (or planning to be using) a lot of, or no? By the way, I think if you look around a little bit, you can probably find a DK2S from an online Jackson dealer for cheaper than $600, too. I would check out GuitarXpress.com, or maybe Easton Guitars.com, and even Zzounds.com and Musician's Friend too. I'm pretty sure that I saw one in one of those sites that was cheaper than $600, I think. If the Phil Collen axe is a Jackson USA Select though, wait and get the USA Select....Higher resell value, esp. if ya take good care of it, later on down the line! [img]graemlins/idea2.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
    X