Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What's a Fusion EX with EMG's worth? (Plus a tech question)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What's a Fusion EX with EMG's worth? (Plus a tech question)

There's one in a pawn shop near me with EMG's (Hum, Single, Single). This is the bottom-line Fusion with the pickguard. They want $239.00. Is this a decent deal?

Also, a technical question: I don't know a thing about EMG pickups. This guitar seems fine electronically, but do EMG's put out a sound at all if the batteries are dead or is it only the tone controls that are affected?
    Member - National Sarcasm Society

"Oh, sure. Like we need your support."

Re: What\'s a Fusion EX with EMG\'s worth? (Plus a tech question)

They will put out a signal even with a dead battery, but the sound will be very weak and thin, and over distort badly.

edit: Each pickup has a little preamp built into it, and the rest of the controls are passive like on any other guitar (except they have 25k pots).

Comment

Re: What\'s a Fusion EX with EMG\'s worth? (Plus a tech question)

Originally posted by PowerTube:
      There's one in a pawn shop near me with EMG's (Hum, Single, Single). This is the bottom-line Fusion with the pickguard. They want $239.00. Is this a decent deal?

Also, a technical question: I don't know a thing about EMG pickups. This guitar seems fine electronically, but do EMG's put out a sound at all if the batteries are dead or is it only the tone controls that are affected?
      <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">yep thats a good deal dude ! //Steve

Comment

Working...
      X