Newbie question about pickups

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Newbie question about pickups

Hey guys, just needing some advice about installing a set of active Emg in a DXMG,does the set require a 9 volt battery or does each pickup require it's own battery? It looks as though there is room in the tone/volume control cavity for one battery but two looks a big negatory. A local tech said he wouldn't charge very much for the installation if I purchased the pickups from him but it would be quite abit more if he had to do any routing. Also what about a jb/59 combo instead of say the 81/85 or 60 set. I'm after a kind of 80's metal tone. I know that's pretty broad but I love so many of the bands from that era like Ratt,Queensryche,Dokken. The emg hz's are so so but I think I could do better. Thanks for any help.

Re: Newbie question about pickups

The set will run on one battery, it doesn't need two. Some people run 'em with two for more juice but you dont have to do that.

Comment

Thanks for the info Death, any more oppinions on the difference in the different pickup combos mentioned welcome.

Comment

I removed the JB from my SL2H it was to bright with not enough bottom end.I installed a Duncan Custom TB5 and was much happier.It has enough highs and the bottom is much better.I have a EMG 81 in Charvel model 88 and I do not like it just not sound good to me kinda of lifeless.I also like all the bands you mention plus some off the heavier stuff Megadeth , Anthrax etc.
        Mike
        --------------------------------------------------------------------
        SLS TG // SLATQH TSB // 2 CS Soloists both 24.75 scale // 5 Archtop PROs //

Comment

i LOVE JBs. wanna sell me yours? hehe

Comment

Working...
          X