Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What's this...(and how much is it worth?)?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What's this...(and how much is it worth?)?

hey all,

Found this for sale locally and was kinda wondering what it is, what it's worth and whether any of you guys out there would recomend it? [img]graemlins/help.gif[/img]

<center></center>

Sorry for the size of the pic (I can't help it its not my site), but if for some reason it doesn't work here are some details:

It looks something like a cross between a stealth and a fusion from what I can find out from variouis searches. It has a 24fret normal hs (no binding, offset dots), dinky style body, H/S/S with what look like rails for all pups, 2 nobs, blade switch, floyd rose (probly licensed i guess), and professional written on the hs. It has the output jack on the side (rather than stealth style) and doesnt look like it's countoured like the stealth, but I wouldn't know as I havnt had any experience with any of these guitars before.

Any help would be appreciated

Thanks [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

[ March 10, 2004, 12:22 AM: Message edited by: TEKKY ]

Re: What\'s this...(and how much is it worth?)?

I'd say that it's a Fusion STD. I'm not finding a Dinky with those features. You can confirm it by a measurement of the neck scale.
    Occupy JCF

Comment

What the hell? Another one??

Has anybody else noticed the flood of people that suddenly are asking about the value of offset dot-necked dinkies? What is going on here?
      [img]graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]

Anyway, nice looking one there. [img]graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

Comment

Originally posted by TEKKY:
        I'd say that it's a Fusion STD. I'm not finding a Dinky with those features. You can confirm it by a measurement of the neck scale.
        <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">and the 24 frets. [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
        Hail yesterday

Comment

Pretty color!
          "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Originally posted by VitaminG:
            </font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by TEKKY:
            <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">and the 24 frets. [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] </font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Dinkies with offset dots also have 24 frets... I've got 3 of them... (all the same color and fretboard material too - I'm sick... very sick...)
            Occupy JCF

Comment

Damn that's a nice one that I wouldn't mind adding to my collection.

And ya... what's with the sudden proliferation of offset dot Dinkys, Fusions and Stealths?

Must be offset dot mating season or something.

I'll put two of mine together and see if they multiply. [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

Great!, Thanks for that guys [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Any idea what I should be paying for this?

Thanks again [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img] ,

Ben

Comment

They're worth about 20 bucks. I've been jonesing for that color so I'd be willing to give you 30 for it.
                  Seriously though About 250-350 US in excellent condition.
                  Gil

Comment

Originally posted by TEKKY:
                    </font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by VitaminG:
                    </font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by TEKKY:
                    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">and the 24 frets. [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] </font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Dinkies with offset dots also have 24 frets... I've got 3 of them... (all the same color and fretboard material too - I'm sick... very sick...) </font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I thought the only offset dot 24 fret Dinkies were reverses? Otherwise, I thought the non-reverse Dinkies with o/s dots had 22 frets, and the 24 fret models would have regular dots or sharkies. What model Dinkies do you have, Todd?
                    Hail yesterday

Comment

I've got 3 Dinky Reverses (all 3 black with the maple fretboard) and a Dinky STD (rosewood fretboard with matching dot inlay).
                      Occupy JCF

Comment

FYI - if you're all interested...

<center><table width=550><tr><td><font color=#696969>Model</td><td><font color=#696969>Frets</td><td><font color=#696969>Inlay</td><td><font color=#696969>Headstock</td></tr><tr><td>Dinky AR</td><td>22</td><td>offset dots</td><td>Standard</td></tr><tr><td>Dinky Custom</td><td>24</td><td>sharkfin</td><td>Standard</td></tr><tr><td>Dinky EX</td><td>22</td><td>dots</td><td>Standard</td></tr><tr><td>Dinky Exotic</td><td>24</td><td>offset dots</td><td>Standard</td></tr><tr><td>Dinky Flamed</td><td>24</td><td>sharkfin</td><td>Standard</td></tr><tr><td>Dinky HX</td><td>24</td><td>offset dots</td><td>Standard</td></tr><tr><td>Dinky LT</td><td>22</td><td>sharkfin</td><td>Standard</td></tr><tr><td>Dinky Reverse</td><td>24</td><td>offset dots</td><td>Reverse</td></tr><tr><td>Dinky RVH</td><td>22</td><td>rev sharkfin</td><td>Reverse</td></tr><tr><td>Dinky RVS</td><td>24</td><td>rev sharkfin</td><td>Reverse</td></tr><tr><td>Dinky SP</td><td>22</td><td>dots</td><td>Standard</td></tr><tr><td>Dinky STD</td><td>24</td><td>color dots</td><td>Standard</td></tr><tr><td>Dinky XL</td><td>24</td><td>sharkfin</td><td>Standard</td></tr><tr><td>DK1 (96-99)</td><td>22</td><td>sharkfin</td><td>Standard</td></tr><tr><td>DK1 (Current)</td><td>24</td><td>sharkfin</td><td>Standard</td></tr><tr><td>DK2</td><td>24</td><td>sharkfin</td><td>Standard</td></tr><tr><td>DK2FS</td><td>24</td><td>sharkfin</td><td>Standard</td></tr><tr><td>DK2S</td><td>24</td><td>sharkfin</td><td>Standard</td></tr><tr><td>DK27</td><td>24</td><td>sharkfin</td><td>Standard</td></tr><tr><td>DKMG</td><td>24</td><td>pirhana</td><td>Standard</td></tr><tr><td>DKMGT</td><td>24</td><td>pirhana</td><td>Standard</td></tr><tr><td>DR2</td><td>22</td><td>none</td><td>Reverse</td></tr><tr><td>DR3</td><td>24</td><td>rev sharkfin</td><td>Reverse</td></tr><tr><td>DR5</td><td>24</td><td>offset dots</td><td>Reverse</td></tr><tr><td>DR7</td><td>22</td><td>rev sharkfin</td><td>Reverse</td></tr>
                        <tr><td>DR7T</td><td>22</td><td>rev sharkfin</td><td>Reverse</td></tr><tr><td>DX1</td><td>24</td><td>sharkfin</td><td>Standard</td></tr>
                        <tr><td>DX2</td><td>24</td><td>dots</td><td>Standard</td></tr><tr><td>DX6</td><td>-</td><td>-</td><td>-</td></tr><tr><td>DX7</td><td>22</td><td>rev sharkfin</td><td>Reverse</td></tr><tr><td>DX10D</td><td>-</td><td>-</td><td>-</td></tr><tr><td>DX10FS</td><td>-</td><td>-</td><td>-</td></tr><tr><td>DXMG</td><td>24</td><td>sharkfin</td><td>Reverse</td></tr><tr><td>JDR94</td><td>24</td><td>offset dots</td><td>Reverse</td></tr><tr><td>JDX</td><td>24</td><td>dots</td><td>Standard</td></tr></table></center>
                        Occupy JCF

Comment

[img]images/icons/shocked.gif[/img] Man, that's a scary moment for you(and for all of us), I'm sure!! Looking forward to seeing it my friend,

Dave->
                          Dave ->

"would someone answer that damn phone?!?!"

Comment

hey tekky, cool list you made there.
                            do you have a list like that about the fusion series?

it would be extreme cool to add the PU configs to that list. [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

Originally posted by joe web:
                              hey tekky, cool list you made there.
                              do you have a list like that about the fusion series?

it would be extreme cool to add the PU configs to that list. [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
                              <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">This is all going to be a part of the Mother of All Info Pages (MoAIP) that I have been working on for a while. Be patient..
                              Occupy JCF

Comment

Working...
                              X