My brother joins the Jackson family with a PS2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My brother joins the Jackson family with a PS2

Not that he knows it yet, but I scored a neat little Japanese made PS2 in black for my brother for Christmas, along with a Marshall MG15DFX amp. How can you argue with Jackson and Marshall for Christmas? [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

He's only had the one crappy Session Jackson copy guitar for years and years and he doesn't play much anymore, so I figure if he gets a decent guitar it should hopefully inspire him to play. The amp was a nice bonus too.

I went to my guitar guys house to get some 9-46 strings as my brother prefers the lighter ones and we ended up setting it up there and then. We played with the springs and truss rod and the action is just great. The guy previously had some work done on the neck and it's come up a treat. We put on a Schaller trem bar while we were at it too.

Threads are useless without pics, so here for your viewing pleasure is a black PS2.

Re: My brother joins the Jackson family with a PS2

Pretty good present there. A friend of mine had one of those years ago and it was a pretty decent player. Good score
    93 USA Soloist EDS
    USA HT6 Juggernaut
    Charvel DK24FR

Comment

Damn! I wish you were my brother! [img]/images/graemlins/eek.gif[/img]
      THIS SPACE FOR RENT

Comment

I've got so many guitars, but I couldn't give away one of my 'own' ones, so it had to be a different one.

I got it and the amp quite cheap, so it was a great score for me, and my brother gets the benefit.

Comment

Very cool, Vic! [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]
          I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

These things are great value in aus. The neck on them is still excellent, and the sound isnt bad at all. I've got my mates black ps2 (identical) sitting here in my room. I keep telling him I'm gonna give it a mirror scratchplate and red led inlays, but he keeps saying 'do it!' [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

I have one of those too. I like that the neck is not so terribly thin like some of my other Jacksons. Not that I dont like a thin neck but its nice to have a variety sometimes. Im wondering how your neck is. Mines a korean one as the dots are farther apart at the 12th. Im wondering if the Japanese made ones are not as thin also.

Comment

I have one of those too. Great guitar once the arm is changed to a Schaller type... Good score!

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                  I have one of those too. I like that the neck is not so terribly thin like some of my other Jacksons. Not that I dont like a thin neck but its nice to have a variety sometimes. Im wondering how your neck is. Mines a korean one as the dots are farther apart at the 12th. Im wondering if the Japanese made ones are not as thin also.

[/ QUOTE ]

The neck's pretty thin, but not too thin I guess. It has the speedy shape a lot of Jackson import bolt-ons seemed to have in the 90's. Still quite comfy to play, and the action on it is great.

Comment

nice one, Vic. He should like that fine. Merry Xmas! [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]
                    Hail yesterday

Comment

Working...
                    X