• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A little T&A

Oops, I meant B&A [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Before:

EMG 81s, black Schaller trem, knobs, nut, switch, tuners - yawn

After:

Gold Schaller trem, knobs, nut clamps, Sperzels, switch (the washer was silver, though [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img] ) and a Duncan Custom 5 in the bridge and a Jazz in the neck (they look Photoshopped that color, but they're not)
    I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Re: A little T&A

Damn your typos! [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Comment

Looks great, Gold really sets off a black guitar.

Comment

damnit man!! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

nice guitar, btw [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
        Hail yesterday

Comment

Very nice man! And remove that foil from the trussrodcover... [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

Wasn't expecting to see a guitar. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
            Nice guitar though.

Comment

wheres the boobies [img]/images/graemlins/baby.gif[/img] O well, Nice work!

Comment

A definate improvement there Newc, nice work [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]
                I'm actually in the process of doing the same thing to my Stealth..

Comment

That one really needed that gold, looks much better. [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]
                  -Janne

Comment

you HAD my attention...

Comment

Wow! Great job dude, that looks killer. Now all it needs is a gold switch ring. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
                      THIS SPACE FOR RENT

Comment

Hey NewC, where did you get the gold toggle switch ? I have a similar project coming up and I am in need of one.

Comment

Vampire - yeah, you can imagine my disgust when the package got here and the switch ring was silver, but the rest of it (including the threaded shaft) was gold [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img]

Fusion - www.guitarpartsresource.com - they were the only place that had Switchcraft 3-ways in gold - everyone else had el-cheapo stuff, even though the entire thing was gold. Unfortunately, the switches only came with black and white tips, so I had to get the gold ones separate, but they are the correct threading for the Switchcraft switches.
                          My other NASL came with an el-cheapo all-gold toggle, but it's an el-cheapo and wasn't always making good contact, even though it was making good contact [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Just DON'T order the push/push volume pot from them unless your mounting hole is 3/8" or larger - the NASL holes/pot shafts look to be about 1/4" (without removing the pot again to get a better measurement) - the push/push won't fit in the holes [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img]

I'm not about to ream the holes on this thing - I know what'll happen [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
                          I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Very nice , looks much better with the gold hardware.
                            Mike
                            --------------------------------------------------------------------
                            SLS TG // SLATQH TSB // 2 CS Soloists both 24.75 scale // 5 Archtop PROs //

Comment

You got me on that one [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] That gold hardware does look really good against the black.

Comment

Working...
                              X