Volume pot

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Volume pot

I have a Japanese made Jackson Kelly KE3 with Duncan Designed 102 pick ups.

Does anyone know what volume pots are used in this guitar.

I plan on changing pick up and the pick up I am thinking of getting requires a 500k pot.

I was recommended to getting myself a CTS audio taper.

Where can you buy these from?

s

Re: Volume pot

Originally posted by stephenslr:
    I have a Japanese made Jackson Kelly KE3 with Duncan Designed 102 pick ups.

Does anyone know what volume pots are used in this guitar.
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">It should have 500k pots. Why don't you open it up and have a look? Often the value is stamped into the top of the pot casing, or printed on its side.

'bane

Comment

Sunbane is right-guitars with humbuckers usually already have 500K pots. But if you still want the CTS ones, any store that sells Fender parts should have them-the ones that come in the Fender package are CTS brand and they are very nice. They have a stiffer, smoother feel than most of the import pots. Just beware that the shaft is a little larger and may require you yo enlarge the holes a small amount to 3/8" or so.

Comment

the volume pot and toggle switch on my KE-3 went bad after only a few months. they are horrible electronics. i got a new volume pot in which i had to make the hole in the guitar a little bigger, but THEN the original knob wouldnt fit on it, because it was a different size
        now i have some ugly fender plastic knob on it

Comment

There is no stamp on the volume pot.

Is there a way to measure the resistance?

My Ibanez Destroyer II came out with humbuckers and 250k pots.

s

Comment

Well, it's a dual humbucker Jackson - so I'd be surprised if the pots were anything else than 500k - unless they were replaced with others at some point.

'bane

Comment

Working...
            X