im buying an RR1 soon, but the case is outrageously big

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• im buying an RR1 soon, but the case is outrageously big

the RR1 im getting comes in a huge plastic hardshell case, just like my kelly. But my friend has an older USA rhoads and his case is nice and small, and covered in leather or tolex. its not an oversized case like the one im getting.

where can i get a decent case for this thing? one of my major complaints about my kelly is the huge case, i never liked to bring it ANYwhere. it hardly fits in my car. I would like the type of case he has.

Re: im buying an RR1 soon, but the case is outrageously big

I have both kind of cases and think they are both huge, I love strat sized cases!! The plastic one is pretty massive and I feel like I'm bringing a keyboard or something with me. When I take it to my friends house for practice I just lay the guitar on the back seat without the case as it's just easier.

Anyway, the tolex case is more form fitted for just the Rhoads guitar and is not as wide as the plastic case which also fits the KV guitars with their longer lower horn. As normal your RR1 will come with the larger case but maybe speak to your dealer (if you are buying new) about swapping it out for a G&G one like they used to use in the old days, but you still get on Custom Shop orders and can still buy afterwards. If you're buying a used guitar, get in touch with a dealer like Kevin or Lee at GMW and they can get you the other case and you can sell the bigger one after.

Comment

i will ask my dealer but i doubt they even have another case. this is the only rhoads in the store as far as i know.

what is GMW and how do i contact them?

Comment

Voila, GMW guitars!
        Scott
        Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Comment

thanks!

Comment

the email i got this morning

We don't stock cases for a Rhoads.

Lee

[img]images/icons/frown.gif[/img]

Comment

sorry, its an RR5, not RR1.

am i the only person that thinks im getting ripped off? im paying $999.99 US for a white with black pinstripes, gold hardware and seymour duncans and a hardshell case. i read some reviews on harmony central and the highest price i saw was $650 bucks. !!

Comment

Send Kevin from Easton Guitars an email and ask him for a price on it.

Comment

Originally posted by PallarAndersVisa:

am i the only person that thinks im getting ripped off? im paying $999.99 US for a white with black pinstripes, gold hardware and seymour duncans and a hardshell case. i read some reviews on harmony central and the highest price i saw was $650 bucks. !!
                  <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">You're getting raped. You can get a used RR1 which is much better for like $700.

Comment

Originally posted by PallarAndersVisa:

<font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">if she plays good for ya bro don't sweat it , look at it this way dude one of eric claptons guitars on auction right now probably goes or is gonna go for 30,000 bucks ! and no matter what or who owned it it's probably only worth 350 / 400 with the case , and if he's selling it it's probably a beater . money is all in the eye of the beholder dude . that guitar you bought the rr5 would sell for 1500 to 1200 up here and 1000 bucks used in whatever shape . I would gladly pay 1000 bucks for one of those with case cause it would be worth that to me , when you buy a Jackson dude they'll last ya a life time ! //Steve

Comment

its a new guitar, not used.

Comment

local guitar shop. ive already put it on lawaway, and put some money on it. [img]images/icons/frown.gif[/img]

Comment

Where did you order it (or where do you plan to buy it)?

You really should give Kevin Easton at Easton Guitars a call... I bet he would gladly cut you a better price! [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
                          http://www.myspace.com/officialuncreation

Comment

Tell them you have family members in the hospital or unemployed or some crap and you need to get your money back to help pay some bills.
                            They will probably not match Kevin's price, so it's best to come up with some way to get your deposit back.
                            Or tell them to cancel the order and pay whatever "restocking fee" b.s. they have (probably 15%).

Newc
                            I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

I dunno, 999's not a bad price for a new RR5, easpecially with a case. They're $1007 at GC withOUT case.
                              "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Working...
                              X