what color hardware with trans amber?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• what color hardware with trans amber?

Personaly I would go with chrome but here is a pick of a Charvel I own in a natural finish with black hardware. I know its not the exact same color but it may help your imagination a bit.

Re: what color hardware with trans amber?

I think black would look great. Carvin has them in black also. I think there's a $10 upcharge.

Comment

I like Chrome but love Black hardware on most guitars, but there are a few exceptions where Black or Chrome look equally as nice. Jack.

Comment

what color hardware with trans amber?

I'm having to replace my locking nut on my DK2 (because of my broken "plastic" string clamp screw - I refuse to let Jackson live down how much I detest their use of shit hardware on the import I bought) ...and I am considering replacing the entire hardware package. I could get an OFR in chrome/locking nut from Carvin - thanks to the suggestion from someone else on the board, but I wonder how black would look against trans amber? maybe similar to the yellow bengal tiger? Might be cool. What do you think?

Comment

I think black hardware looks great on trans amber..... [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Hail yesterday

Comment

It's perfectly ok for Jackson to use cheap hardware - it helps to keep the wood and construction quality high while keeping the price low. It's far easier to replace a bunk hardware set than to replace a bunk neck or body.

Newc
            I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

While chrome would be a nice accent, I think black would definitely look the best.
              Jim

Comment

I'd go with gold hardware for trans amber.

Comment

I've tried all standard hardware colors on that finish: Chrome:

Black:

And I'll add gold tonight, as the picture to that is on my other computer. Black is what I decided to go with, but the gold is really nice too. I didn't care for the chrome.
                  "Got a crazy feeling I don't understand,
                  Gotta get away from here.
                  Feelin' like I shoulda kept my feet on the ground
                  Waitin' for the sun to appear..."

Comment

Working...
                  X