Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• eerie dess and made in where?

hi all,

im gonna buy a KE3 very soon, and I've always thought I wanted an eerie dess since it looks cool on the official jackson page. but it seems like photos of eerie dess on the net are not so good looking at all.. how do u feel about the eerie dess finish for those of u who have seen it up close? is the finish inconsistent on the different guitars? (they dun have any jacksons in stock and they're ordering it for me, so I cant check out the finish in person.)

and also, I want a japanese made guitar. Im in toronto, if I buy it within the next month will it most likely be made in japan? I've been hearing rumors about fender moving production to mexico, I hope that hasn't happened yet....

Thanks,

Re: eerie dess and made in where?

KE3's are made in Japan. I don't see why Fender would move production, given that they'd have to buy more CNC machines and set the tooling up which is not a cheap thing to do, especially since the Japanese factory does such good work already.

The EDS finish is different on every guitar, but every guitar is about the same quality. It's not really my kind of finish, but you won't be disappointed if you go with it.

Comment

The EDS seems to be a lighter color on the imports than the USA models. Some of the older USA models were very dark, too, and you could barely tell it was EDS unless looking up close in brighter light.
      I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

mm ok, I think I'll go for it then.

ya it seems official, good looking photos of the eerie dess are darker and the uglier ones are lighter and have more of the pinkish purple...

and btw, how well does the tremolo stay in tune in these jap jacksons?

Comment

I hope very well, since the KE3 uses the JT-580 and so will my custom DK2 that we are getting. I have heard some bad things about the JT-580? Jack.

Comment

FWIW, I think my SL4s have JT580s, and I've never had a problem with them.

Comment

That is good to hear!! Maybe it is just some people love the Real Floyd so much, anything else just won`t do [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] Jack.

Comment

The two Dinky Reverses and the Kelly XLR and Kelly Standard I owned at one time all had the JT580LP, and I never had a problem with them. They all stayed in perfect tune for me! [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
                I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Thank Joe!!Jack.

Comment

I've bought a trans blue KE-3 back in 2002 and 'till today still haven't found any difficulty with the jt-580 as it stays in tune without probs [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

I have a DK-2 in ED and I love it. No problems with the JT580 but I would swap it with a Floyd or Schaller if I had one. The only real problems I have had is the crappy electronic components - i.e. switches and knobs. Replaced those with good quality parts and now it's all good. Oh, except for the tuning machines, they are pretty cheap feeling but they work just fine. Love the finish, sound, and feel and the stock DD pickups aren't really that bad either although I changed thos out for SD's. Enjoy [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

Gotta agree with frankencat. I have a DK2 in Crimson Swirl. Within 2 months of owning it, the volume pot was "hissy". About a month ago I busted the screws on the locking nuts. Good luck finding those screws for a Floyd Licensed as opposed to an OFR. Props to KEvin Easton though for hooking me up. [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
                        X