Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is the KVX10D built just as good as the Japan pro series?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is the KVX10D built just as good as the Japan pro series?

I'm thinking the only difference is no floyd and crappier pickups. It seems since its now Japan made it should be built just as good as say a RR3.

Re: Is the KVX10D built just as good as the Japan pro series?

Yes, they are made in the same factory. Don't discount the Duncan Designeds until you try them! I just got my brand new KVX10 last week, and I am pleasantly surprised with the HB-103 pup.
    "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Originally posted by RacerX:
      Yes, they are made in the same factory. Don't discount the Duncan Designeds until you try them! I just got my brand new KVX10 last week, and I am pleasantly surprised with the HB-103 pup.
      <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">yeah they are nice hey Ron ? suppose to be the duncan designed version of the duncan distortion model pick up . but still I think I like my emg hz h3's better [in my dxmg] , they sound nicer [h3's] in a live setting as well crystal clear with the volume cranked and tonnsa tone at loud levels . but right now I still got my dd 103's in my ke3r //Steve

Comment

Originally posted by RacerX:
        <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">and ... wheres the pics Ron are you gonna mod it with the dxmg neck ? and how does she play ? make a new topic //Steve

Comment

All in due time, my Canadian friend... [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Just a plain ol' black KVX; the project is being held up due to...financial setbacks [img]images/icons/frown.gif[/img]
          "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Well, the KVX10 I bought last year is almost better in quality than the Pro series Jacksons I've tried... [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

The neck feels smoother and nicer than the necks of a KV3 and a RR3 I've played at my local shop in Hamburg.

I really liked the tone of the Duncan Designed HB-103 pickup in the bridge quite alot (much more than the tone of those EMG HZ-3s), but it was a little muddy in the low end.
            So I swapped it out for a real Duncan Distortion.
            This way I still had that nice tone but with way more clarity and punch. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
            BTW, last month this guitar has proven its value in a live setting twice.
            http://www.myspace.com/officialuncreation

Comment

I love mine. It's so choice. If you have the means, I highly recommend you pick one up. The one thing that bugs me about it is the nosedive that it wants to do, but it's no worse than a Kelly, and probably better than most.

Comment

Oh yes, that's something I always forget to mention.

You have to move the strap button to the neck joint if you don't want your KVX10 to do the infamous nosedive.

I did that and now it balances quite well. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

BM:
                  It's so choice. If you have the means, I highly recommend you pick one up.
                  <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">You sound like Ferris Bueller(sp) [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
                  Scott
                  Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by Fifth_Horseman:
                    Well, the KVX10 I bought last year is almost better in quality than the Pro series Jacksons I've tried... [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

The neck feels smoother and nicer than the necks of a KV3 and a RR3 I've played at my local shop in Hamburg.

I really liked the tone of the Duncan Designed HB-103 pickup in the bridge quite alot (much more than the tone of those EMG HZ-3s), but it was a little muddy in the low end.
                    So I swapped it out for a real Duncan Distortion.
                    This way I still had that nice tone but with way more clarity and punch. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
                    BTW, last month this guitar has proven its value in a live setting twice.
                    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">weird I found them muddier than the hz's , thats why I like the hz's better for their clarity and punch , but for a well rounded pickup the duncan designs are smoother but for metal and a bright clean channel with chorus the hz's h3's cut through nicely at bedroom levels to live settings , super clear for recording as well . my DD's are muddy in some spots and in different tunings not so with my hz's . next buy might be some 81's or some h3's for my ke3r not sure yet witch ones though . maybe this time I will go with the 81 / 85 set . //Steve

Comment

I didn't say the HZ-3s were muddy... there weren't. [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

But they sounded so cold and sterile to my ears, that after a while I couldn't stand them anymore.
                      And without the turbocharger (in my DKMGT) they were to weak. But back then I only had a Marshall AVT-50 combo which is far away from a gain monster, so... through my Peavey XXL and Behringer cab that wouldn't be a problem anymore I suppose. But who am I telling that! [img]graemlins/images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

BTW, after swapping them out for a SD JB/'59 combo I sold the HZ3s to the guy who is now the second guitarist in my melodic death band... he installed them and didn't like them either. But for 10 EURO each pickup he couldn't complain of course (and I gave him the turbocharger for free). [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
                      X