Rx10D output jack?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rx10D output jack?

I recently bought one of these as a backup of my BC rich Nj warlock.
    Anyhoo..
    I lvoe this guitar to bits but what the hell were jackson thinking putting the output on the lower fin???

Seriosuly?

If you dont have an angle jacklead you're screwed.

Anyone else hate this?

Re: Rx10D output jack?

*nods*
    The jack was like that on my Rhoads EX and it's the same story with my RR-X. [img]graemlins/images/icons/mad.gif[/img]

I think Jackson used to put the input jack on the lower fin for all their bolt-on Rhoadses. The exception (as far as I know) is the RR3, which has the strat-style jackplate in the upper wing.

I was thinking that maybe modifying the guitar to accept a strat style jackplate may be a good idea(?). While it wouldn't solve the problem, maybe it would be less severe?

'bane

Comment

yeah my Kramer is the same way. One day i am going to move it to the upper area and use the strat type plate.

Comment

Yep, I hate where it is too. But I guess I can make due as long as I keep standing up.
        [img]images/icons/rolleyes.gif[/img]

Comment

It's a cheaper made guitar, and it's just cheaper and easier to put it on the lower fin where the rest of the electronics are in the cavity. Though I don't own one, I also think it sucks and feel they should have put it up on the higher fin.
          I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

YEah, i just dont see the point in it myself.
            ITs like..I'm a massive Children of Bodom fan so my playing style is influenced a lot by alexi and the wasy i hold a guitar is influenced heavily by him so withoyt an angle jack lead i have to adjsut my whole style.,

Thankfully i got an angle in advance [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
            X