Replacement pickup?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Replacement pickup?

friends,I that in this forum there is a tendency to be seymour fans [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img] , i m respect it, but I am looking for to replace the bridge mic of my Fusion Plus (j95c?)
    by something of similar sound Di Marzio Brand since the original one it is oxidized and very old and I enough prefer Di marzio brand

some suggestion?

thanks for the replies [img]graemlins/notworthy.gif[/img]

Re: Replacement pickup?

Congrats on the Fusion plus!! I love Short Scale shredders!! As for a pickup suggestion, you may like the PAF Pro or a Super Distortion. Jack.

Comment

I'm a fan of the Dimarzio X2N if ya wanna shred. The damn thing is so hot if ya turn the volume down you cant get a clean tone.

Comment

Don't forget the Steves Special. Together with the Humbucker from Hell, this is the pickup that has surprised me the most in a positive way. I don't know if it sounds like your old pickup, i'm just saying it's a very good pickup. DiMarzio's own description of the Steves Special couldn't be more true and precise, so here we go:

Steves Special - Distinctive tone!

A nontraditional approach to high-output bridge humbucking pickup design. Most hot humbuckers concentrate the pickup's power in a narrow frequency range for maximum impact. The Special spreads the sound over a broader range so bass and treble tones are boosted and midrange is lowered. The result is a sound that's hot, clean, and open at the same time. Recommended for bridge position.
        Henrik
        AUDIOZONE.DK - a guitar site for the Jackson and Charvel fan

Comment

I'm more of a DiMarzio fan myself and love the Super Distortion, X2N and Tone Zone as bridge pups, the Super 2 and PAF Pro as neck pups. The Super 2 is probably my favorite neck pup! [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]
          I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

I had a Super Distortion in a Fusion Pro and it rocked hard. You might also consider a Tone Zone, or a Super 3. Those are plenty hot--I can't even imagine what a blur the X2N would make of your sound, although Michael Romeo seems to get pretty good results with it.

Comment

Has anyone here tried a Bill Lawrence L-500XL in the bridge position?

If so, what did you think?

s

Comment

Working...
              X